Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a bit of boring information

there were alldgedly 150 built plus prototyps.

frames were made and numberd and put on a shelf in the factory for building .

when they were built a frame was taken from shelf in no particular number order and assembled. making the true build insignificant to the frame number .

one thing is that can be sure that is those made of number 100 or less were the first batch built after that they caught up with production .

at the end of the day the number on the frame will be its selling point for those purists of purchasers .

but we can say number 1 and 150 are good numbers in there own rite .

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
one thing is that can be sure that is those made of number 100 or less were the first batch built after that they caught up with production
This fits reasonably, as the later numbered LE's had changes made to their clutch.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
It was definately a learning curve Bob as Colin found out on those ex DK Carbon Top Fairing panels that had Carbon type Graphics instead of Carbon showing the word Benelli .

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Brruuummm...pop!

The yellow RS is also a rare bike, only 35 made I hear?
Why did they make so many red RS's though? and no green and silver either? Odd.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What changes were made to the later L.E. clutches Bob ? Had to replace mine as you know and Benelli weren't intrested in covering it under warranty , even though the bike had done less than 1500 miles . Got it direct from Fast by Ferraci in Italy , but the plate that fractured , didn't come with it . Nor the bolts that hold said bloody plate .

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
C'mon now! Johnny is of course referring to his static ornament. Otherwise known as #150 :rolling:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Re: the clutch. I don't recall specifics on this, but I the outer plate on late LE's and 1130s lies flush with the springs. As different to early LEs where the springs are proud of the outer plate.
I was shown a plan of components at time but can't think what digs were?

·
91 Posts
LE Clutch

When I was replacing the components on my LE clutch, I had the exploded views sent to me of both versions just to make sure I was ordering the correct parts.

Looking back at them again the big difference is the basket which is either one or two pieces.

By the way the component which failed for me was the clutch cush rubbers which had turned into granules and caused the clutch to clunk when the idling 'coughed'.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lupus , my L.E. did the same with the cushh rubbers. When I finally got the basket off , they had completely disintergrated . I bought mine 2nd hand and from day one had a horrible clunk when i turned it off . New clutch was same as the old one , but with cussh rubbers in place . Also a bolt which hold the circular back plate to the basket was never found . It is impossible to fall out due to the tight tolerences and must never had been fitted on factory assembley. All OK now,
Roy W

1 - 11 of 11 Posts