Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
started to get a bit(lot) hot when in traffic about 95c fans on all the time in traffic.are they all like that?
read johnny o advising 1.4 on cap 25mm sealing washer.checked mine 1.4 on cap 22.5 washer .is this causing my overheating??.never had problem before.
when bike has cooled down i take rad cap off and can guarantee that moving bike gently side to side i get air bubbles come to the top.
read the w/shop manual not overley helpfull(squeeze pipes etc)
what is the best way to bleed system??

regards colin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tech help

Hmmm, I think I'm going to have to get Roland to find a way of categorizing all the technical advise so I don't have to keep going over the same things :)

The smaller seal on the radiator cap will allow coolant to blow out easier when it gets hot, you will always lose coolant while you have that cap with the 22mm seal.

To bleed the system: after topping up the radiator, with the cap off, lean the bike as far as you can to the left (just before the fairing touches the ground) then stand it up and top up the radiator, then lean the bike as far as you can to the right, then stand it upright and then top it up again. As you lean the bike over you will hear the trapped air rising to the top.

Regards, John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
johnny O,many thanks for the advice,done it ,loads better.
i agree, if there is a way of putting any tech info in appropriate place it will save a lot of bother, one searching back through threads and two you or someone else answering same question over and over.
any chance roland??

regards colin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There guys,

I have done it the old fashioned way until such time Roland redesigns the internals.

Cut & Pasted it under the heading "How to Bleed the Radiator System under Benelli Technical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts