Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A picture of Benelli's latest project ...

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2008/07/benelli-quattro-radical-new-60.html

I believe this is the first time where the engine and hub steer system have been designed together as a single unit. The bimota 1D/3D, and Vyrus's are all a frame replacement over a donor engine (I think even the GTS1000 was a cradle frame on a FZR1000).

What do people recon ? Our Vyrus has been winning races, so Difazio front ends can be made to work. Obviously Im a believer but then I would be.

Aarron

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Thought I would copy it over.

Benelli Quattro: radical new 600cc sportsbike coming soon
Factory insiders have revealed that Benelli is developing a new 600cc sportsbike capable of competing with the Japanese.
Like MV Agusta, the company was inspired by the success of the Triumph Daytona 675 and now wants to bring its own unique character to the 600 class. Strangely, since the Tornado superbike is a triple, they're looking to do so with a conventional four-cylinder engine in an extremely unconventional chassis.
The Quattro will be the first entirely new model developed by Benelli under Chinese ownership, so development money shouldn't be an issue. Its project leader is Pierluigi Marco who, while working at Bimota, oversaw development of the Tesi's hub-center steered front end. Thusly, speculation leans toward the bike using a similar arrangement. We think its more likely that slightly more conventional suspension will be mounted to a BX 449-inspired partially carbon chassis, but also expect the usual assortment of oddly-arranged mechanicals.

The engine, below, is a conventional, if over square DOHC, 16-valve, inline-four with fuel injection. It will be the first engine to use Benelli Electronic Ignition Management, which sounds suspiciously like traction control to us.

The Benelli Quattro is expected to drop at the EICMA show in November.

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
That hub-centre front end and to think about it.. all hub-centre front ends look crap! and 4 cylinders in line? :doh:

No thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
That hub-centre front end and to think about it.. all hub-centre front ends look crap!
Hmmmmmm, not sure if I agree with you on that one Neil :confused:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well spotted Aussie RS. It would indeed look to be a fully capable FFE (funny front end) enabled engine. However surely with an inline 4 they have alienated both camps.

Racers wont buy one because of the FFE .

Road riders wont buy one because its a 4 and you have to shift gears to overtake stuff, or cant gas on to avoid cars pulling out at you on roundabouts.

They should have followed the 675 route and gone tripple. People going for a tripple already dont want ultimate power and speed, they want a good riding experience.

Aarron

PS For completeness a shot of one of these FFEs actually working for its living (rather than just sitting there dividing opinion).

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
For those outside the U.K. here is the article in this weeks MCN. For everybody else......go and buy the paper you bunch of 'cheapskates' :rolling:
For what it's worth, I hear that they are likely to have a prototype of the bike at the Milan show in November:clap: :bow: :clap: .........Oh, and I nearly forgot...Yer taste is up yer ar$e N33ly (but each to their own I suppose;) )

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My brother's picture is the one on the right hand page. The picture with "Hub Center Steering Gugu" underneath (I think they meant "guru").

We won again on Saterday at Cadwell, and came 2nd by 0.8 seconds in race two. The guy who beat us had to set the lap record on the penultimate lap to catch us. I think phil was still a bit miffed that he gave away the double win by not guarding his line into Park though.

Any bike that wins is pretty in my book.

Aarron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts