Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fitted a hydraulic clutch from Evoluzione (www.evoluzione.net) last week. Straight forward job. Works perfectly, but my stock one was not bad either (neutral reasonably easy to find, as long as bike is not in complete stand still, e.g.rolling before a traffic light). Looks and feels nice. Individuals decision if thats good enough to make it worth the investment. I like it.

Cheers

TTom

P.S.: Sorry, I posted this accidentially also in the "General Sections"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey TTom, I had one installed today, too. It works and looks great! Thank you Evoluzione!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hydraulic clutch

Greetings! I recently purchased a 2005 900 TRE converted to a hydraulic clutch. It has firm lever "pull" but shifts hard in my opinion. I'm new to the bike. Have all original cable parts. Any advice? Thanks-Mark

·
5,966 Posts
Greetings! I recently purchased a 2005 900 TRE converted to a hydraulic clutch. It has firm lever "pull" but shifts hard in my opinion. I'm new to the bike. Have all original cable parts. Any advice? Thanks-Mark
Maybe the master cylinder is too big. That's how mine was with the first master cylinder I used. Changing to a 13mm Ducati ST4 master cylinder fixed it.
There's no way I would return to the cable. I've broken two cables, and that's no fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure what size master cylinder was used. I was told it was a Benelli conversion kit. It appears to have been done correctly and has firm lever pull. Being new to the bike, I'm not sure how these things "ride." To me, it shifts too hard, especially downshifting. Maybe my riding technique needs adjustment for this bike. Other multi cylinder rides I have experienced shifted silky smooth (2 finger pull).

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I fitted a hydraulic clutch from Evoluzione (www.evoluzione.net) last week. Straight forward job. Works perfectly, but my stock one was not bad either (neutral reasonably easy to find, as long as bike is not in complete stand still, e.g.rolling before a traffic light). Looks and feels nice. Individuals decision if thats good enough to make it worth the investment. I like it.

Cheers

TTom

P.S.: Sorry, I posted this accidentially also in the "General Sections"
Thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure what size master cylinder was used. I was told it was a Benelli conversion kit. It appears to have been done correctly and has firm lever pull. Being new to the bike, I'm not sure how these things "ride." To me, it shifts too hard, especially downshifting. Maybe my riding technique needs adjustment for this bike. Other multi cylinder rides I have experienced shifted silky smooth (2 finger pull).

Not it you slipper clutch playing up is it???? I've found the down shift on mine to be very good. Unlike the tramping down the road I get with the TNT when I change down to fast.

Reactions: bluemon

·
Registered
14 Posts
Still have not resolved the excessive clutch drag I have from a hydraulic conversion. The clutch lever has firm pull. With the bike on a center stand, engine running, and the clutch lever pulled, the engine will quit when 1st or 2nd gear is engaged (rear wheel will momentarily spin). Would this indicate a hydraulic issue (not enough push on pressure plate) or a clutch "stack" problem? Any theories? Thanks-Mark 2005 Tornado

·
Registered
986 Posts
Clutch drag could be caused by insufficient clutch throw, but since you didn't do the conversion you don't know if it was like that before. It could also be caused by warped clutch plates or a notched clutch basket.

Incorrect oil viscosity or overly high oil level can also cause drag.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hydraulic clutch conversion

The hydraulic conversion appears to have been done correctly but will seek advice. It is a very low mileage bike with correct oil level and viscosity. I still suspect improper operation of slave cylinder or clutch stack issue. The clutch lever has very firm "pull" so I do not think there is air in the system. Could it be caused by partial plate fusion? The bike has spent most of its' life in a collection.

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
What slave cylinder was used? If it was not meant to be used on a Benelli it could be that the push rod is too short and needs to be changed for a longer one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure of what slave cylinder was used. I believe it was a Benelli conversion kit. Will investigate. Thanks for your response. Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts