Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having seen my air box from inside filled with dead flies, seeds and other dirt, I thought about how my Radiator would look like. (In the air box intakes I have newly fitted a mesh).

So why not try to do the same for the Radiator air intakes, to avoid flies, seeds etc. to land on the Radiator. You can see the result on the pictures.

Rgds. Lars

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I like that:bow: I'm gonna have to get modding soon as all these pictures are making me jelous:D

Al:bow:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have used a hot glue pistol and given the mesh a knob of glue in each corner. If it´s last it´s fine. Else I will, by next time removing the side panels, screw the mesh fixed to the black inner panel.

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
I like the look of that, well done mate, great idea :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think black would look better and match the other mesh... also set back slightly from opening... but thats just me!
Good idea though to ctach some of the bigger bugs :clap:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, the mesh will be painted black to match the other mesh on the bike. The pictures was just sample pictures :D

·
Ready for summer
381 Posts
Hi Guys
Re; Mesh
A/ Is it the sort of mesh you could find in any DIY store ?
B/ If the point is to stop bugs wouldn't a finer mesh be better, or would it cut down the air flow ?
Cheers:bow:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Ummm.

I reckon if it came loose you'd have a job to find it!:rolling:

Looks good though.:D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Guys
Re; Mesh
A/ Is it the sort of mesh you could find in any DIY store ?
B/ If the point is to stop bugs wouldn't a finer mesh be better, or would it cut down the air flow ?
Cheers:bow:
to A) Yes, I bought some siver mesh in a DIY-store, cut it and paint it black. I didn´t fix it with glue. It is just inserted between the fairing and the rubber intake. If ever I want, i can remove it easily.

to B) Especially for the air intake, you don´t need to worry about the airflow. I am convinced that the bottleneck is the airfilter (unless you use mesh with microspopic holes).

For me, the mesh is more an optical gimmick. The bugs will find their way to the airbox anyway. Just imagine the ballistic energy of a bug that hits the mesh when you ride with 120km/h...

Regards
Dirk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts