Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done my first flight today in the ol' paraglider and I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight with the buzz of it all. Done five flights in total, not big ones but enough for my instructor to sign off in my log book that I've done my ground handling training and my 'first hops'. It's gonna be another three weeks before we get airbourne again but I can't wait already.
Only went to around 100ft high but the first time I was up there I kacked myself, but after that everything was great. I'm sh*t scared of heights but for some reason everything seemed really peaceful and calm once I got up. I thought it would be silent just flying around but the wind rushing past you and whistling as it hits the lines on the glider sounds almost as good as the Nelli (if you know what I mean).

I'd highly recommend this as a sport. I can't remember who told me to try it but whoever it was on here .... THANK YOU:bow:

Al;)

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Well done Al, you can be the roving eye in the sky on the next scotland trip, looking out for the cops/cameras/birds etc...

Amazed that you did it, especially if you're scared of heights, that's what would put me off

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Sounds great Al well done

On the fear of heights thingy, I dont like heights either but ive always fancied this rather than bungee jummping etc

·
Registered
417 Posts
Done my first flight today in the ol' paraglider and I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight with the buzz of it all. Done five flights in total, not big ones but enough for my instructor to sign off in my log book that I've done my ground handling training and my 'first hops'. It's gonna be another three weeks before we get airbourne again but I can't wait already.
Only went to around 100ft high but the first time I was up there I kacked myself, but after that everything was great. I'm sh*t scared of heights but for some reason everything seemed really peaceful and calm once I got up. I thought it would be silent just flying around but the wind rushing past you and whistling as it hits the lines on the glider sounds almost as good as the Nelli (if you know what I mean).

I'd highly recommend this as a sport. I can't remember who told me to try it but whoever it was on here .... THANK YOU:bow:

Al;)

Glad you are having fun... that first hop off the top of the hill is fantastic after all the handling and 20foot hops on lower fields. I remember mine in the peak district... was about 300 foot... was a fairly steep take off... we had to glide out across the valley, turn left, glide for a bit, do a 180 then glide all the way down to the landing point...a lot to remember for first long flight... had the instructor talking to you through radio though... one way for some reason... i.e. they didnt want to hear anybody screaming! :rolling:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts