Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there Folks,

After careful deliberation I made the purchase, I took all the advice on buying a used RS and weighed up my decision carefully.... Yeah right, when he rolled it out of the garage I nearly wet myself. It was very hard to play the cool customer when I saw it, you can look at a thousand pictures but it's so much more in the flesh. I knew I was riding it away before I even got to touch it.
To be honest I my eyes were probably a little too glazed over, I only noticed the imperfections when I got her home. I'm still waiting on him to forward me on the "misplaced owners manuals, including the service manual:doh: , but I'm one of those people that suffer from blood rushing very fast to the head... I want that one.... But am I happy??? You bet your Sweet One I am.... at the moment anyway.... It was definitely at the right money, I couldn't leave it, I'd spend a lot of nights lying awake wishing I had just gone for it. 8 and a half on the clock, so if its done that it can't be a complete lemon... can it???

1st impressions of riding it was serious smile factor, anyone who complains about touring on one should try doing Norway and Sweden on an MV, this thing is an armchair.... that can seriously corner....

Ok I'm beginning to rant on a bit, anyway I'm very happy to be a proper member now. I'm sure I'll have quite a few questions for you guys, hopefully not too serious ones.....

Thanks for having me.....:clap:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts

Good for you Toadie and welcome to the 'club' matey.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Well done Mr Toadman - for taking the plunge & buying a RS

Great choice- its got all the extras and doesnt have half the issues that plagued most standard Tre's

Crikey - this forum is growing at a fast rate - Admin (Roland) will end up moving to a new host again soon :( :D

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Welcome Toadman, good choice. that was the cheaper part now for the extras, which Laurence can point you in the right direction.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Eh, did someone say 'extras' :rolling:

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Congrats

Well done mate, glad to have you on board, you WONT regret buying an RS, wait till you go to your local Bike meet, everyone will be all over it like a rash. Enjoy Mate :D :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,

I know I won't regret it and I really can't wait to pull up to the next meet on it, I stopped off for petrol and I even got my 1st.... Wow!!! What do the fans do..... So now there's a 10 year old out there telling his friends all about the coolest bike in the whole world, the red one with the After Burners......

Sorry Marco, profile updated...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I managed to convince a group of 16 year olds in Melton Mobray that the fans were for the turbo boost button (on the left handlebar).

Im not sure if your average 16 year old will have seen Knight Rider reruns and got the joke.

Aarron

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey there Folks,

I nearly wet myself blood rushing very fast to the head... I want that one.... But am I happy??? nights lying awake wishing I can't be a complete lemon... can i ??? :clap:
I am thinking of starting a Benelli Helpline number : 0845 999 999 :bow: God Help us eh boys ???

·
903 Posts
I've just tried to ring it and no one will answer as it's constantly engaged!!!

Wonder why?:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Welcome Toadman, good choice. that was the cheaper part now for the extras, which Laurence can point you in the right direction.
I new it was coming. Laurence has a network out there that checks the nellis out there and inconspicuously makes comments to where and what extras you might need.
Oh! those wires are untidy. OK Carbon cover. Call Laurence at helpline:rolling:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts