Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to the garage today to sort through some stuff for shipment. Whoa is me...no Nelli! I really miss that bike!

:bawl:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
missing your Le

Hey Jr only two hours drive at a sedate driving pace and you could be knockin on Lloyd's door and beggin to see it or would that be torture ?.
at least your having a new one when your back in the states ..... are you getting a send off from all off here ....Al waving a hanky ....... Kurt revving his desirable Remus to the tune of the American Anthem and all us other nelli owners waving our coil sticks like the symbolic lit candle stuff "We are the Nelli's We are the World" :D with Lloyd in the foreground prising your hands from your ex Le:rolling: .

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Well if he could delay his departure by a month, Kurt and my bikes will be like identical twins and could 'sing' a duet of the Star Spangled Banner to say Adios!

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
delay

I will be back for Brands Hatch so there is a great opportunity there. Will be camping all weekend.

·
903 Posts
:hiya: John

Don't worry about you baby, she's been out a few times then cleaned afterwards and then tucked up in bed in a warm blanket!:rolling:

I am going to give her a full check over this weekend and cure the flat spot at 4750 to 5500 rpm. A thorough spanking of the throttle bodies is in order me thinks!:rolling: (This was a problem with the LE's!)

When riding my standard TRE the difference is apparent, she is silky smooth and progressive on all throttle positions. (That's down to my fettling of the throttle bodies again as I spent half a day sorting them out;) )

I will call you before you go John, but in the meantime may I wish you a safe journey back to the States and hope you all settle down to you new life quickly. Take care mate!:bawl:

·
903 Posts
Flat spot no more thanks to Rusty!

Well after giving #131 a thorough spanking, well a full service and adjustment of the trottle bodies etc, I thought that I had cured the awful flat spot she had but unfortunately it hadn't.

After much head scratching, reading of manuals etc I had to resort in desperation to the all knowing RUSTY RUSS. He gave me a couple of ideas and so last Saturday I applied these to my baby and with fingers crossed took her out to find out if they had worked!

I gently eased the throttle open waiting to hit the brick wall at 5000rpm but NOTHING, just smooth progressive power right the way up the rev range!:jig:
Not only that, the fueling is now so good that she takes off like a cat with its arse on fire when opening the throttle with a bit of aggression (Still running her in so revs are not too high a the mo!) Am I chuffed or what!!!

I'm pretty confident on most things on Benelli's now but if I don't know something, I know a man who does!!!

A big THANK YOU Russ, yet again he's done the deed! :clap: :bow:

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Lloyd's the man obviously. Age and experience are truly high value qualities.

:)

So can you tell me what you know about that 3-4k stumble on that F4-1000R I just got? Shhhhh!!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Lloyd, what did Rusty Russ tell you to do?? Mine runs perfect, but may need a tweak in the future. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts