Benelli Forum banner

I spoke too soon..... anyone got a Big F#ckin' Hammer !

4K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  angledangle 
#1 · (Edited)
:mad: As I had planned to have a run out on Sunday with some friends I decided to come to work on the bike this morning to make sure all was ok since my IOM Wet Trip (of which the bike didn't miss a beat !)the bike started fine, I work about 10/12 miles from home, so part the way here It decided to sound like a Ducati, I'm not technical but instantly thought it was maybe a stick coil had gone as it lost a fair amount of power too, and as I got nearer to work the engine management light has come on, so I nursed her to work without a facking clue whats wrong !

So back to the Big F#cking Hammer, Who's got one !

I've had enough of this B#llocks now ! So if anyone wants a cheap Tornado I'll get me a cheap friggin' Fireblade of something more reliable, it's bled me dry so if anyone fancies the task of telling my dearest wife it needs more cash spending on it then you deserve a friggin' medal !

over an out !

Oh and the LH down pipe isn't getting hot !

:mad:

See less See more
#11 ·
Hi Kurt, would the engine management light come on if it was the core plug ?

I'm plumbing for the Coil Stick, ordered one from my local Peugeot dealer after Angus gave me the part number and it's gonna cost me £30 to buy from them :D so gotta be worth trying that first,

Cheers for all the feedback guys :clap: and I'll let you know what it turns out to be tomorrow !

:bawl:

#12 · (Edited)
:( :( sorry to hear Rob, Good luck. Prayer mat in position :bow:

I notice that at least on here help/advice comes along very quickly. Are we all a bit like a lemming colony wondering how/when/where/who is next? :(

#13 ·
Cheers Bob, and yes it's pretty damn good for response times, as regards the Lemmings, I think my bike is one of those as it seems to average about every third "Cry for help" thread put on here ! :doh:

:rolling:

Oh well, that'll teach me to try and buy on the cheap !

:bawl: :rolling: :bawl: :rolling: :bawl:

:D

#16 ·
Just had mine serviced and the plugs needed changeing the ends were very worn . had done 6k.

#17 ·
Coil Stick

Sorry to hear about your problems.:(

Don't know if this is any consolation, but when the centre coil stick went on mine the ECU light came on, and once replaced took 3 nice long journeys to go out.:)

The various ways of forcing the light out quickly without an Axone did not work for me.:confused:

#18 ·
Mine did exactly as you said last year, went out in the rain its was good, next ride after a little while it was a 600. On mine the water had run in to the bottom of the coil and when it got warm the steam stopped it working. I actually changed the coil as i happened to have a spare, but i pretty sure cleaning it up and removing the shite from the hole would have fixed it.

#19 ·
shit man,i would offer some pearl of wisdom but,but as oddball once said
'i just ride on em',i dont know how they work':doh:

a bloke could get paranoid reading the threads on here!;) :rolleyes:

good luck with it:clap:

#20 ·
shit man,i would offer some pearl of wisdom but,but as oddball once said
'i just ride on em',i dont know how they work':doh:

a bloke could get paranoid reading the threads on here!;) :rolleyes:

good luck with it:clap:

"Who said that ! :eek: (he says twitching nervously !)

#24 ·
Russ, these coil sticks are probably the single biggest problem for Benelli's reliability(?) :mad:
We definitely need an alternative, any progress with your investigation into an alternative high- performance coil stick? :bow:

#29 ·
Mine lasted to 47,000 km (3 years), when 2 went in rapid succession. So, in my experience, it's not that bad.
All three were replaced with Delphi sticks a year ago, and still performing ok. Someone has tried these in competition, and failed, but they're working ok for me so far. They are properly sealed, so I expect even better reliability. 100,000 here we come.

#26 ·
Well guys as the Russ~meister himself proclaimed it was a "Coil Stick:doh: " ! :D

So a big thank you to everyone who tried to help and especially to my Mobile Benelli Mechanic aka my mate Alan :bow: for doing the job at mates rates ! (Fack All !!!!)

ok, ok , I'll buy him a couple of Beers or so, or maybe a couple of dances at a titty bar ! :eek:

the Peugeot one did the trick after a little modification, now I can get out tomorrow and make sure it's working correctly ! :D

:clap:

#35 ·
Having had 9 Alfas of different types, I realise I am attracted to benelli by simialr things - the joy of driving/riding them, and the emotions they evoke. The whole point of a glorious engine note is to make it sing, and the italiens don't half know this. Anyone remember Alfas partnership with datsun (or was it nissan) with the Arna. It was an alfa boxer with a jap body, and went to show that you cannot have compromises as it was more than a little rubbish - after all jap styling is as crap as Italian reliability:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Jap bikes strength is their engineering precision, and it they can get an R6 to rev to 17K then somewhere along the line they must make a coil stick that will work on a nelli I reckon:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.