Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm riding buell (XB9S and XB12S) for the past 4 years, I love it excpet that it is part of Harley and have problem with dealer...

Yesterday I tried my friend new 04 TNT (07 head, can, bigger starting motor..) and really loved it, so much that I need one.

But after reading this forum have few worries.

I'm using my bike evryday to commute to work, 45 minutes each way in town in traffic, I need to have a bike reliable but want something fun and extrem.

I'm ready to buy the TNT but wanted advice and what to check, which year to go and also what kind of price should I expect???

also if someone sale one, please contact me, I'm in London UK.

Thanx in advance.

Jimmy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Go get one

Welcome matey, My brother rides a buell xb9, i've ridden it, nice, but no way near as fun as the TNT.
I had a few problems with my 04 model, as you will se from my previous posts. I robbed it off the dealer, who'd had it in the showroom for 12 months. It had 1700 miles on the clock, yellow, immaculate. £4200. He still hates me even now!!
When i first got it it was stalling loads and hot starting was a big problem, but since i had the 2006 re-map installed, and the upgraded starter motor i have had no problems at all. The only thing i would say to you is that it won't be anywhere near as comfortable as your Buell on a commute in traffic and it will run very,very hot at low speeds in low gear. But, then, you have the weekends to race the nackers off it, keeping it cool and having a huge grin on your chops while your riding it!!!!:)
Go get one mate!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good, but is it reliable enought to use it every day??

Don't want to have any trouble when going to work.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Judging from the number of my friends that have a Buel, I'd say the TNT is more reliable.
If you are buying used it would be even more important with this bike to make sure all the updates have been done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts