Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm sat outside an ice rink having gone with lisa . Son eldest daughter and live in daughter in law . Never been on my arse so much . Full of teenagers and think I was biggest laugh they had seen. Strange thing is in my youth I remember doing it better than tonight . £50 to get wet ! Ah the bliss of self inflicted pain.

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Aye its hard on those old bones is that skating lark

I hate all those little [email protected]@@s that speed around you all the time

Smart little beggars:ele:

·
Registered
574 Posts
I made the mistake a couple of years ago of taking both daughters o Bradford ice rink - i used to be able to skate OK - tehy got the bug and now cost me £60 a week in lessons, £300 a pair of skates and thats before you factor in my petrol as a taki ther an back 2-3times a week.

Other 1/2 also decided to have lessons. A few months in and a few days before were due to go on holiday she falls over and puts her hand down to arrest the fall and snapps her wrist so bad it needs re-breaking and pinnin and 6 month physio to get movement of fingers back.
Best part (?) 1. was I was away in Lake district mountain bikin and didnt pick up the mobile untill it was all over and she was under the knife. & 2. was we couldnt get a refund for the holiday so i wnet anyway witht he kids. 3. got back after a week and she was still in NHS ward with some real odd balll and I found out my medical insurance would have covered private, - sods law!!!

No wonder I dont tell her 1st about bike purchases.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Went once at the age of 12 and was banned for life.

As there was a curling match on (it was actually being televised so quite an important match) we were allowed onto the end ice which was separated from the main rink by a 20ft high curtain.

Becoming increasingly frustrated by our lack of ability me and my friends started making snowballs from the powdered ice and an almighty snowball fight ensued...

....until an over zealous throw by me went soaring over the curtain and smashing onto the curling rink.

Match stopped...extremely red faced youngster ejected from the premises.

That was the end of my ice skating career.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts