Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
I do not use that phrase anymore.

About 15 years ago in my first day in a new job I walked into the secretary's office where she was speaking to a senior partner about organising a coprorate entertaining day involving racing cars. Being a friendly chap and keen to make a good impression I chipped in with "that sounds great, I'd give my right arm to do that."

I'll never forget the look of horror on the secretary's face and the glare I received from the senior partner...

It was at that point I noticed he was missing his right arm.

What are the chances of that!?!?!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd give my right arm but the croc already has my left one!:rolling:
One of the hazards of riding in Australia's north.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Conversation stoppers!

I do not use that phrase anymore.

About 15 years ago in my first day in a new job I walked into the secretary's office where she was speaking to a senior partner about organising a coprorate entertaining day involving racing cars. Being a friendly chap and keen to make a good impression I chipped in with "that sounds great, I'd give my right arm to do that."

I'll never forget the look of horror on the secretary's face and the glare I received from the senior partner...

It was at that point I noticed he was missing his right arm.

What are the chances of that!?!?!
Drifting off the subject a bit......
Some years ago I had my own Driving School. One young lass that I took out I fancied like mad! I used to see her (horse)riding past my house so when I saw her in the local pub I would say something along the lines of 'Oh, I saw you out on Mr Miggins (made up name!) the other day. He does look well, etc, etc just to get the conversation going.
On one particular evening I saw her in the pub and said 'How's Mr Miggins?' to which the answer was....... 'We shot him'
Killed things stone dead!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts