Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, hope you've all manged to get out this weekend, weather better too. I wish I hadn't bothered though - manged to get a good run to St Mary's Loch, actually managed to get Nuetral :D switched off put the side stand down and tapped to make sure it's 'there'. Got off bike, started to put in on the stand, stand gone, bugger:mad:
The bloody thing had just decided to go back up, guy in the cafe watched and came out to say that he saw me put the stand down too, arghhhhh! Not much damage, thank the lordy for the R&G bungs, just a scuff to the bung and the bar end and clutch lever end, I even managed to catch it a bit so the mirror only has a wee scuff too, just needs touched up. But it's all a bit pissing off!
Didn't even get a coffee, rode home with that horrible feeling sick feeling.
On a plus note fuel economy better.:confused:
Thats better off the chest now.
Fraser

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Cor Sorry to hear that Fraser , I have a near new Clutch lever if you need an exchange as my RS came with spare and i use my italian double joint ones bought through a group buy from Laurence on it anyway. Can post today if you like (old one might be bent ?) Glad it was with R and G bungs that saved its panels tho.

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Angus, Thanks for the comiserations, mainly pride thats damaged and I know other people have had much worse that that, what is annoying was that I was off it at the time, not riding it.
Just had a good look over the bike again, and it did drop quite gently, the soft new tarmac at the cafe may have helped too! The clutch lever is only cosmetically damaged, but yeah, I may well take you up on the offer - just to keep everything looking good, just pm with the damage for it. Taken the mirror off the bike, I'll T cut the scratches a bit and see how it comes up, I know it'll nedd touched up though. Never mind, it's been dropped now, and hopefully thats it, could have been a lot worse.
Cheers
Fraser

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Fraser .. my worst nightmare! Did that with my 900ss ... twice. Anyway, nice to get up to St Marys' Loch ... looking at the roads here (near Haddington) there is lots of mud about once you get off the A1 so I am going to keep the Tornado in the garage for a another week or two.

Once the weather picks up we'll need to arrange a run.

Going to fire up my rebuilt race bike tomorrow .. hopefully I won't be joining the grumpy set tomorrow evening.

Mike

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Angus, really appreciate that. I'll pm you.
Update on bad day - washing bike, caught watch on something, strap of watch broken, I'm off to bed possibly the safest place!
Fraser

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck with the race bike tomorrow, I'll keep the bad luck south for you. Definitely up for a ride out when weather better, roads still a bit muddy, but bugger it I wanted out and the old Guzzi is not coming out till weather better and I get it taxed!
cheers
Fraser

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hey folks, hope you've all manged to get out this weekend, weather better too. I wish I hadn't bothered though - manged to get a good run to St Mary's Loch, actually managed to get Nuetral :D switched off put the side stand down and tapped to make sure it's 'there'. Got off bike, started to put in on the stand, stand gone, bugger:mad:
The bloody thing had just decided to go back up, guy in the cafe watched and came out to say that he saw me put the stand down too, arghhhhh! Not much damage, thank the lordy for the R&G bungs, just a scuff to the bung and the bar end and clutch lever end, I even managed to catch it a bit so the mirror only has a wee scuff too, just needs touched up. But it's all a bit pissing off!
Didn't even get a coffee, rode home with that horrible feeling sick feeling.
On a plus note fuel economy better.:confused:
Thats better off the chest now.
Fraser
Your not alone with that one Fraser. :( I did almost the same thing last year, just North of the border. Just pulled off the road to wait for my mate, put my foot down and it slid away causing me to lay the bike down. Boy was I mad with myself.. :mad:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
G

·
Glad your not hurt Fraser
School boy error that we ALL do at some point but it P's you off to damage your pride and joy over something like this.
Chucked my Nelli down on new tyres in 07, lots of panal damage and battered pride but a SCHOOL BOY ERROR how ever you look at it.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I'm going to strap a pair of schoolboys to each side as then i can say the schoolboys saved my error !!!:rolling: :rolling: (oooh the smell of shorts and school kid grating on the road :D )

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Best make sure the schoolboys take their anti gravel rash pills then! these can be bought from 16 & 17 yr old scooter riders, those with shorts, t-shirts & flip flops who think this is the coolest way to ride.:doh:

Thanks for the messages chaps, there really is hardly any damage, I'm just pissed that she fell, pride hurt more than anything, although I suspect the muscles may ache in the morning, it's amazing that you can lift a bike when hacked off!

cheers all
Fraser

1 - 12 of 12 Posts