Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 4 years and 2 Benelli Tre's later, I've decided it's time for a change. :bawl:

It's not that I've became disgruntled with the Benelli brand, far from it as I have never had anything serious go wrong with either of the Tornado's that I have owned, or even with the 20 year old SEI that I still have for that matter, but sometimes you just fancy a wee change.

However, I hope you guys won't mind if I still drop by the Forum every now and again just to see how you're all getting on ....you're like 'family' after all :rolleyes:

I've ordered my new bike and I'm expecting it to be delivered in the next couple of weeks or so. (I'm beginning to feel like a kid at Christmas already)

Here's a pic of it if anybody is interested :clap: :D :clap:

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Gorgeous but puzzling

What's the crack laurence, did you just fancy one with no miles on it and fresh outa the packet or what?

You guys are killing me with your shiney new beauties :bawl:

Johnny :cool:

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Laurence - don't tell me you've bought one of the new ones for £5995 just to upset those of us who paid over £7K:bawl: :bawl:! Mike

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yip, it's true. The old one was needing a bit of a wash so I thought, what the hell .....after all....you're only old once :rolling:

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
That's you off the Christmas card list then!! :rolling: I take it all the tasty bits on the old one have been whipped off and are unlikely to appear ebay!! Where is the new one coming from? M

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Now Laurence I was in Motogb earlier in the week and i saw a crate that had an LE in i think with your name on it !!, now youv'e played your cruel trick and there was me thinking you were moving to V4 Aprilia or Ducati 1098 . Wonder what other forums have thought of this Marketing ploy to bring others to a new fold and existing owners to upgrade. New shiny Bikes all round . congratulations and at least its going to the most knowledgable owner round :bow: .

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I take it all the tasty bits on the old one have been whipped off and are unlikely to appear on ebay!!
Yeah, (nice try Mike) but it'll all be going back onto me new one, so nothing is looking for a new home. ;)

I must be honest though, if I knew it was going to take me so long to return it back to standard, I think I may have just kept the old one :eek:

I've always dealt with KJM and all the guys there have treated me pretty good so I've no reason to change (sorry Russ ;) )

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
For a moment there I thought ya had gone and went Harley-Davidson with the full leather chaps and all. :rolling:
View attachment 841

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
You Lucky B........ !

Congatulations on your latest Benelli Laurence:bow: , you Lucky B*rstard !:rolling: Especailly at the price they are at the moment:bawl:

I must admit it, even though I do enjoy my Thruxton, for the fun of it, I really am Jealous :bawl: of you Nelli :bow: owners, I really am looking forward to getting my insurance back down to a reasonable level so I can get me another one, I didn't think I'd miss it as much as I am, although it proberbly doesn't help by keep visiting the best forum on the planet ! (I feel a tear in my eyes:bawl: ) :rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Laurence. Are you selling the 'old' one privately (no, I don't want another one at the mo :D ), or have MotoGB taken it in px? Just curious, but if they are prepared to take them in at a decent price, it sounds like a good move - new warranty, all upgrades done etc.

Hmmm, wouldn't mind an 1130....:confused:

Cheers

Ian

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Many thanks for all your comments guys.

KJM are taking my current bike in PX but I got the impression that they are not looking for anymore at the moment as they have just put their range of demonstrators on the market as well.

I did think about the 1130 Ian but just couldn't justify the extra price over the standard TRE, plus I like the original colour scheme better :eek:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Many thanks for all your comments guys.

KJM are taking my current bike in PX but I got the impression that they are not looking for anymore at the moment as they have just put their range of demonstrators on the market as well.

I did think about the 1130 Ian but just couldn't justify the extra price over the standard TRE, plus I like the original colour scheme better :eek:
Laurence. After my previous post, I looked on KJM's website, saw what they are asking for the 1130, and changed my mind :doh: . Like you I couldn't justify that difference, in fact I can't imagine many who would. Likewise, the original colour scheme is definitely better than the 1130, in my opinion. I might change my mind if they offered them at £6995, though...:clap: .

Cheers

Ian

·
349 Posts
I am the same as you guys.My Tre is over 2 years old now and i would like to change it for a 1130 but it would have to be something like £5000 to change to tempt me.The main reason i would like to change is my Tre is so noisy and annoys the hell out of me under 50mph and when we pull up anywhere i am sure everyone is thinking"Hell Thats Noisy" and not what a lovely looking bike!.
My TNT is fine and my last Tre was fine.:doh: Zebo.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I'm Loving the RS Ownership

Well just at the time when the price lowered and i thought here goes - Russ's for the last new yellow RS but oh no it sold :bawl: But with every large cloud mine had the silver lining of finding the bargain of the century and for £4*** got a new condition bike with no hang ups and although know the prices dropped dont think it worries present owners as its a permanent addition to the family. have to say the RS feels different to the normal Tre i had and god that titanium can -wow it rattles it shouts and its bloody gorgeous !!!:bow: and suppose the plate makes me happy knowing it shouts out exclusive Benelli !:clap: . Saving up now for an LE which will make me complete :) .

·
president
1,009 Posts
angus..........what ever you paid i think you have a bargain.............i offered him £3800......and he wouldnt budge from £4100.........but it has a private plate,race can and cover ...........and obviously the guy has looked after it...........good luck:clap: :clap: :clap:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts