Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Theres always 1.. i'm him
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..with you lot :mad: ..took the nelli out today for the first time since i picked her up last october...Washed her down (got a bit dusty sitting in the garage all that time :eek: ) polish ,tyre shine, it looked cleaner than new...Leathers on ,fired her up .....sweet....off we go then...
Now none of the posts prepared me for what happened next.....I just couldnt stop smiling..
I've never been on a bike that i felt so comfortable on from the word go....even the gsxr..which is supposed be the dogs danglies....

Put up 60 miles around the Wicklow mountains then home for lunch....doubt if i'll be able to eat though..stomach is still full of smiles........:) :) :) :) :)

Cant wait for the next spin..in 6 months...:D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Why dissapointed?
I couldnt agree more, I've said all along its more comfy than my Firestorm was.
Sure, it has some unusual traits like the lights swithcing to sidelights on tickover if the cooling fans are on but thats part of the price of exotica.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
..with you lot :mad: ..took the nelli out today for the first time since i picked her up last october...Washed her down (got a bit dusty sitting in the garage all that time :eek: ) polish ,tyre shine, it looked cleaner than new...Leathers on ,fired her up .....sweet....off we go then...
Now none of the posts prepared me for what happened next.....I just couldnt stop smiling..
I've never been on a bike that i felt so comfortable on from the word go....even the gsxr..which is supposed be the dogs danglies....

Put up 60 miles around the Wicklow mountains then home for lunch....doubt if i'll be able to eat though..stomach is still full of smiles........:) :) :) :) :)

Cant wait for the next spin..in 6 months...:D
Bloody hell I know it rains a lot in Ireland but you must have had some decent weather since last October! Winter again now lol
Glad it was worth the wait though. Like others have said I would dump that petrol if I were you these things do not like old petrol. :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
1st ride

took the nelli out today for the first time since i picked her up last october...??:doh:

How have you been able to keep your hands off it for so long....since you bought it. :confused:

Had mine since November last year and cant keep off it.

Glad you had a great run out with loads of smiles....

NOW GET OUT ON HER MORE !!!! NO EXCUSES !!!

After all it was designed to be ridden........

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be careful with the tyre shine mate!:D
sounds like you had a good ride!:ele:
OOO err missus........

See your points but...work's been a bit thin on the ground for a long while (before i bought the nelli infact) so i couldnt really justify the VRT (import tax 750 euro :( )..plus insure the van, her car the gixxer and zx7r..plus food....can ya see my dilema yet....
Things picked up a bit recently so its coming together now...:clap:

On the petrol front, i used what was left in the tank before i stored her..so nice fresh tank full this morning.....

Happy days and loads more :) ahead ....wahoooo

·
Registered
690 Posts
Good lad. They do like being used, just not toooo hard like that reliable boring screeming Jap IL4 rubbish ha ha.

Plus that noise, ooooooo that noise.

In fact, are there Many Tornados, (or even any Nellis) in Ireland? Small in the UK, HUGE in Italy, but Ireland?? I'd have thought u guys love them, being green n all that ;)

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Nah mate..they like their pose-ry Ducati's over here and their jap muck.....no soul...:rolleyes:
I was amazed (read; pis**d off ) to find out recently that theres another Tre about a mile up the road...thought i was the only one this side of the country, :( ..Turns out to be a mate of a guy's milkman's postie friend....:doh:
Jamesobrady on here has one but he's over the other side (dont mean gay or owt..:D )..and theres a red one somewhere in the middle....
Yeah, that howl....sounds like a Porsche (sorry)....

Day two...

More petrol, even more :) :) ...IT HAS A SLIPPER CLUTCH..:ele: ....GOD I'M SUCH A MONGO ..:eek:
Great spin this morning, empty roads ,cept for coach loads of Brits...:p ...Have'nt ye got mountains and water over there..
Coming over here wit yer fancy money n' picture box's n' stuff.....gettin in my way ...grrrrrrrr:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts