Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LED lighting for from head lamp very pleased and a great price see below. eBay Item 284443617378

You have to remove the wiring from the headlamp and use without the sidelight holder. I’ve yet to try it out on the road but looks promising.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Camera lens Automotive design

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Motor vehicle

Luggage and bags Textile Wood Bag Cabinetry

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Product Rim Font

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
ed
Light Product Camera lens Font Material property

·
Registered
17 Posts
Please be aware that some of these lights do not conform to UK MOT specs and may fail the MOT test due to dipped beam pattern. Advise hanging on to original light and refitting for MOT if necessary.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please be aware that some of these lights do not conform to UK MOT specs and may fail the MOT test due to dipped beam pattern. Advise hanging on to original light and refitting for MOT if necessary.
I’ll come back to you in 3 years Brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Grant
Maybe sooner if you have an accident. If the insurance assessor spots it, (and they are good at this), your insurance would be void. I have asked the seller if this is legal in this country, they have emailed back to say that they are checking and will let me know. I'll post the reply when I get it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Grant
Maybe sooner if you have an accident. If the insurance assessor spots it, (and they are good at this), your insurance would be void. I have asked the seller if this is legal in this country, they have emailed back to say that they are checking and will let me know. I'll post the reply when I get it.
Hi Grant
It’s a good point you raise Brian yes let me know

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It’s a good point you raise Brian yes let me know
Hi Grant
However, there have been changes enforced since 22 March 2021 which means that not all motorcycles will fail their MOT if their headlamp has been converted to be used with HID or LED bulbs.
“Class 1 and 2 motorcycles must not be failed for the defect ‘Light source and lamp not compatible’.
Headlamps must comply with all other requirements of the test and headlamp aim.”
Essentially as long as the headlight beam pattern is correct and doesn’t interfere with other road users, then LED light conversions will now be legal, and you will not fail your MOT for converting your headlamp.
This change in law is very new and has led to some confusion in the industry.
So my motorcycle will pass an MOT with LED lights fitted?
Yes, your motorcycle will pass an MOT with LED lights.

·
Registered
17 Posts
However, there have been changes enforced since 22 March 2021 which means that not all motorcycles will fail their MOT if their headlamp has been converted to be used with HID or LED bulbs.

Essentially as long as the headlight beam pattern is correct and doesn’t interfere with other road users, then LED light conversions will now be legal, and you will not fail your MOT for converting your headlamp.
This change in law is very new and has led to some confusion in the industry.
So my motorcycle will pass an MOT with LED lights fitted?
Yes, your motorcycle will pass an MOT with LED lights.
I quite agree , It's the dip beam pattern that usually causes the problem on MOT's . I have an imported bike as well as the Imperiale and have to have a sticker on the headlamp to cut off the dipped beam from shining across the road. I see the new regulations still require the dipped beam to cut off the beam from shining into oncoming traffic, which is what I said originally.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I quite agree , It's the dip beam pattern that usually causes the problem on MOT's . I have an imported bike as well as the Imperiale and have to have a sticker on the headlamp to cut off the dipped beam from shining across the road. I see the new regulations still require the dipped beam to cut off the beam from shining into oncoming traffic, which is what I said originally.
Just had a reply from Ebay seller

"Thank you for your email.

We are sorry that our supplier did not give us a specific data, so we are temporarily unable to reply to you, we suggest you to consult other stores.

If you have further question, please feel free to contact us. Have a good day!

Best regards."

so not much help, I'm afraid. However there is an interesting article on page 50 of the Motorcyclenews dated Dec 1st about upgrading headlamps and the law concerning LED lights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts