Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with a problem I have with my Imperiale, the motorbike is new, but the dealer I brought it from isn't helping me with this problem.
I noticed that the hazard/warning lights only work on 1 side of the motorbike,the shop carried out a diagnostic test to find no electrical faults, has only one experienced this problem, or do you know how to fix it.

Regards

Shaun

· Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with a problem I have with my Imperiale, the motorbike is new, but the dealer I brought it from isn't helping me with this problem.
I noticed that the hazard/warning lights only work on 1 side of the motorbike,the shop carried out a diagnostic test to find no electrical faults, has only one experienced this problem, or do you know how to fix it.

Regards

Shaun
Hi
This sounds like a faulty hazard light switch. Do indicators work okay ? I'll have a look at a wiring diagram tomorrow and hopefully confirm.
Regards
Brian

· Registered
24 Posts
Hi Brian,

Thank you for your message, all indicators work correctly.

Regards

Shaun
I've had a look at the wiring diagram, and it would indicate a faulty hazard switch. Do you have / know how to use a voltmeter. If so I may be able to guide you through testing the switch. Which side indicators do not work when hazard switch is on ?
Regards
Brian

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had a look at the wiring diagram, and it would indicate a faulty hazard switch. Do you have / know how to use a voltmeter. If so I may be able to guide you through testing the switch. Which side indicators do not work when hazard switch is on ?
Regards
Brian
Hi Brian,

The fault is on the throttle side of the motorbike, I do have a volt meter somewhere.

Regards

Shaun

· Registered
24 Posts
Hi Brian,

The fault is on the throttle side of the motorbike, I do have a volt meter somewhere.

Regards

Shaun
Hi Shaun
First you need to remove headlamp reflector/bezel assy from headlamp bowl. Inside bowl you will see several electrical connector blocks. The smaller white connector is the one connecting the right hand switch to the main wiring loom. If you are lucky you will find that the green/white wire hasn't been connected properly, (try gently pulling the wire from both sides of the connector). Disconnect the connector block. With ignition key removed , hazard switch on. Looking at male side of connector, connect Ohms meter and check for continuity between the orange wire and green/black wire, should get a reading. Now check between orange wire and green/white wire. I suspect that there will be no reading on this one. This would confirm that the hazard switch is not connecting all three terminals. I have had trouble with some of the switches being over greased, causing bad connections, You could try spraying some electrical switch cleaner into it and working several times to see if that will help. I'll try uploading a picture of the connector block. This should be sorted out by the selling dealer.
Good luck
Brian

· Registered
24 Posts
Hi Shaun
First you need to remove headlamp reflector/bezel assy from headlamp bowl. Inside bowl you will see several electrical connector blocks. The smaller white connector is the one connecting the right hand switch to the main wiring loom. If you are lucky you will find that the green/white wire hasn't been connected properly, (try gently pulling the wire from both sides of the connector). Disconnect the connector block. With ignition key removed , hazard switch on. Looking at male side of connector, connect Ohms meter and check for continuity between the orange wire and green/black wire, should get a reading. Now check between orange wire and green/white wire. I suspect that there will be no reading on this one. This would confirm that the hazard switch is not connecting all three terminals. I have had trouble with some of the switches being over greased, causing bad connections, You could try spraying some electrical switch cleaner into it and working several times to see if that will help. I'll try uploading a picture of the connector block. This should be sorted out by the selling dealer.
Good luck
Brian
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Nail Audio equipment

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Shaun
Good luck
Brian
Hi Brian,

Thank you for the message I will try and check this out once the weather has got better, at the moment its freezing in the Czech Republic.
You are right the dealer should be sorting this out, the motorbike was taken for its 1st service a couple of weeks ago, the problem was shown to the technician, who said he would contact Benelli, some 10 days later and nothing.
So I sent an email asking whats happening, they said I would have to bring the motorbike back to the shop and leave it with them ??.
The shop does not offer courtesy motorbikes to use, so I would have had to pay approximately £110 in taxi fares.
This is why I am trying to fix the problem, over 95% of motorbike shops in the Czech Republic are awful, and thats being polite.

Kind regards

Shaun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts