Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a brand new Imperiale owner (and forum member), I have a couple of questions: firstly, does anyone have any experience of fitting a Scottoiler to an Imperiale? Secondly, does anyone have any knowledge of fitting Oxford heated grips to an Imperiale?

I'd also like to get a workshop manual for the Imperiale -- or at least a source of technical information including things like valve clearances etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As a brand new Imperiale owner (and forum member), I have a couple of questions: firstly, does anyone have any experience of fitting a Scottoiler to an Imperiale? Secondly, does anyone have any knowledge of fitting Oxford heated grips to an Imperiale?

I'd also like to get a workshop manual for the Imperiale -- or at least a source of technical information including things like valve clearances etc.
Congratulations on purchase of your Imperiale. Please find attached workshop manual in PDF format.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
** BUMP ** It'd be interested in any news on fitting oxford heated grips too.
Ger,

Fitting Oxford hotgrips on an Imperiale is straightforward -- meaning that there are no hidden complications, and that the instructions included with the grips cover all that you'll need know to do the job.

You'll need to remove the saddle (3 bolts) and the right-hand side panel (for access to the battery). It's not essential to remove the fuel tank (I didn't), but doing so will make the installing the power cables to the battery easier. I also ran all the cables from both grips, the controller unit and those running to the battery inside the headlight shell -- the headlight unit is easily removed, and routing these cables inside helps protect connections from water and makes for a much neater job. Before you start, get a roll of duct or insulating tape and more cable ties, as Oxford don't provide enough of these.

I hope this helps...and enjoy the benefits of warm hands in cold weather!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ger,

Fitting Oxford hotgrips on an Imperiale is straightforward -- meaning that there are no hidden complications, and that the instructions included with the grips cover all that you'll need know to do the job.

You'll need to remove the saddle (3 bolts) and the right-hand side panel (for access to the battery). It's not essential to remove the fuel tank (I didn't), but doing so will make the installing the power cables to the battery easier. I also ran all the cables from both grips, the controller unit and those running to the battery inside the headlight shell -- the headlight unit is easily removed, and routing these cables inside helps protect connections from water and makes for a much neater job. Before you start, get a roll of duct or insulating tape and more cable ties, as Oxford don't provide enough of these.

Hi Smudge!

You're a legend. That sounds like an easy enough project. Good idea hiding the connections inside the headlamp. There's plenty of room there alright.

Thanks!

Ger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ger,

Any chance you might stick up a pic of where you located the controller? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Smudge!

You're a legend. That sounds like an easy enough project. Good idea hiding the connections inside the headlamp. There's plenty of room there alright.

Thanks!

Ger.
Yes, there's plenty of room inside that good, old-fashion style headlight shell. In fact, when you remove the seat and tank you'll get to see just how solidly and well-built this bike is -- the welded lugs on the frame remind me of a British motorcycle from the 1950s!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, there's plenty of room inside that good, old-fashion style headlight shell. In fact, when you remove the seat and tank you'll get to see just how solidly and well-built this bike is -- the welded lugs on the frame remind me of a British motorcycle from the 1950s!
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to hand (nor the bike, for that matter, as I'm overseas at present and the bike is in the UK). However, my controller is adjacent to the left-hand grip, mounted on the metal plate Oxford supply -- which can be bent to make for the most convenient location for the controller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts