Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hector and anybody else who has fitted the devil can on the TNT ......I have done about 400miles since fitting it, took the rear seat off today and noticed that the bracket (the one that wraps around the can) has fractured on one leg! I was concerned when I fitted it as I noticed that the thinnest part of the wrap around bracket is the point where they have welded it to the main fixing bracket. Could be very nasty if both legs break I will be talking to devil tomorrow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hector here is a picture of the broken bracket, the other side showed signs of cracking. I have spoken to automotive and who will be contacting the factory.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello! my devils exhaust holder last 7000km and then my both brackets snapt suddenly!!!!!....so,it wont last long:x it`s really weak.Now we made some extra collar( as well as orginal collar) i hope it last now!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
enskatnt, sorry to hear you had the same problem I wrapped a 1.5mm stainless plate over the bracket down to about half way and welded it to the broken one have done about 4000miles since and no problems. the slots in the supplied bracket should have been stopped about 50mm short of the top mount to give the correct strength.....shame because its a superb exhaust.:\
vtxbrit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts