Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello chaps,
Today I am being the village idiot, or so it would seem. It has come to this, where the sodding hell is the flasher relay on an Tornado RS? I've checked the manual and there is no mention of a flasher relay, I know it has one, but which one is it/where is it.
I've just replaced the LH switchgear as the indicator switch was broken, I suspect the bust switch has also fused the relay as the indicators don't work with the new switchgear, all the other items controlled by the switchgear is fine, so the connection is OK, must therefore be the realy as the fuses are fine too.
Feeling a bit daft as the flasher relay must be obvious, any help appreciated, I need them for my MOT .

cheers, fraser

·
Registered
146 Posts
from what I remember .. if you take off the rear seat / cover..
and stand on the left side of the bike...

all of the normal relays are in a line on the left side of the bike..

the flasher relay is mounted in a wee rubber thing just under the piece of the seat unit which seperates the front and rear seats ?

it's a PITA to get at -- but you can get it..

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Terry
thanks for that, I had already popped back to the shed, in an 'I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY THIS' type attitude, and found the bugger straight away.

On a roll, I've taken the realy apart, dear god, what a lot of corrosion inside, cleaned it up, took the L shaped bracket off and cleaned it up, hey presto we have indicators:ele: :ele: :ele:

I've actually managed to fix something myself, by logically thinking through the process, am I chuffed or what! Might seem simple to most others, but after the day I've just had, it's just made me very happy.

Must dash, have to hose the baby vomit from inside the car, some things took priority though, the car may smell bad!!!

Thanks again Neil for the switchgear, hope it'll help me get the MOT.

cheers, Fraser

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Hi Fraser i think i have a spare relay if it still plays up amongst a box of bits from my RS buy so if you need one i'll be able to give or post (likely to be at Scotland next week). Cheers angus, phones sorted now so i dont miss your calls as well . :)

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Angus
Thanks for the offer, If I don't manage to get one in town tomorrow, I may take you up on your offer, I suspect having a spare may be a good idea, 7 days till MOT, that is a long time for a recently reactivated Italian relay!!!

I did try to call you earlier, but it said phone unavailable, glad it's not just me having phone issues.

cheers, Fraser

1 - 5 of 5 Posts