Benelli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.

My trek 1130 2008 has a problem with the indicator lights:

- It affects both left and right. Front and rear.
- When turning knob to either side the instrument turn indicator flashes 1 bright and then 4 or 5 less bright flashes. endelessly.
- The indicator lamps flash every 5 seconds or so.
- Emergency lights makes the light system act the same way.
-No other electrical systems are affected.

I guess it is not the fuse or the lamps because all of the lamps flashes app. every 5 seconds. I have looked thru service manual. Didn't find anything useful.

Any ideas?

TIA

Lars :)

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
I'd change the relay and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'd change the relay and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks for advice. Will do. Checking service manual page 7-36 and 37 there seems to be 5 relays. Which of these control the indicators? And to really make it confusing, the manual pictures the
5 relays aligned. My bike has four of them aligned and one of them is separated from the other 4.
Or am I completely lost here? :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Thanks for advice. Will do. Checking service manual page 7-36 and 37 there seems to be 5 relays. Which of these control the indicators? And to really make it confusing, the manual pictures the
5 relays aligned. My bike has four of them aligned and one of them is separated from the other 4.
Or am I completely lost here? :)

hi ,
the indicator flasher relay is under the ignition key area . you may need to remove tank and side panels to find it .. mine was loose stuffed in amongst wiring loom in that area.

rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts