Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple problem - got back from down south today and thought I'd take the bike out for a spin and they are not working. Neither the indicators themselves or the dash light. Were ok last time I was out and all I've done since then is wash the bike.

what should I be checking?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Most likely your indicator flasher relay...its under the main seat on the lhs iirc.
Mine failed after my second bike wash :)

You can take it apart with a thin screwdriver, spray it out with some contact cleaner, tear a thin strip of sand paper and clean the contact and the small "leaf" that does the work.

Get a replacement as soon as you can. Afaik its a common relay.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks James ...One wee problem - don't really follow your instructions re where it is...anyone got a picture?

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Take both seats off the bike and the relay is under the peice of plastic between the 2 seats on the tailpeice, basically it sits just behind where your left hand bum cheek would be if you were seated on it, so you will possible have to loosen the tailpiece and move it back a wee bitty to get to the realys. The flasher relay is one of the 2 bigger relays and has a wee rubber housing around it, it should have flasher written on it. hope this helps.
cheers, Fraser

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
you may be lucky,i had this problem and tried three different relays,all to no avail,then when i got half way to Wales they started working all on there own:confused: :doh:

they are still fine a month(and two washes)later:D ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys - believe it or not with a wee "shoogle" (a technical Scottish term) they are now working again.

This , together with a successful application of the recent carbon bits has been a very successful day of tinkering! I even managed a quick blast in blazing sunshine...hell I love days off!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts