Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all ! i think i have bought Gnome's bike as has his name on the spare number plate! If he has the service book can he get in touch, also as to what has been done to the bike?

Have noticed that the injector light comes on after hard acceleration, but then goes off again. Seems to be running ok. Has anyone experienced this? In the manual it says to "contact service centre asap!!!"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alastair, before you take it to a dealer wiggle the three injector plugs (under the fuel rail) it is important these make a good electrical connection, same apply's to the throttle and air sensor electrical connections.
best of luck.
(are you another Essex rider?)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, will give that a go!

I'm from west London, but try and get out at the weekends for a blast, even though London is great fun in the wee hours when there's no traffic!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
warning light

The map that came standard in the early TnT's would incorrectly asses errors and show the warning light, see your dealer and get a more recent map loaded in. If the dealer doesn't have a map but does have an Axone, I can email it to him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: warning light

Spoke to my nearest dealer and they were very reluctant to upgrade the mapping which seemed a bit odd. Don't know how much they actually know about the bikes, as seem to be very vague and unhelpful ! Might try someone else!
The bike seems to be running quite well now. Took it to my French bike guru mechanic who checked it out and confirmed that it is definitely a faulty diagnostics system, as there was nothing wrong with the bike even though the injector warning light was coming on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts