Benelli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hat

Just thought that you guy's might be interested to know that I have just come back from a hospital check up.

I have been told that my leg is healing well but due to the fact that the leg shattered, it will take up to three months before I can walk again>: I saw some x-rays of my leg and nearly collapsed on the floor! I have a huge bolt running through the side of my Femur into my ball and socket, I also have a number of plates running the length of the Femur, held in place with wires and loads of screws of various lengths. I also have a 300cm plus scar down my leg which looks a bit Frankenstienish!

My ribs are pain free now so hopefully all healed up, my tackle has nearly recovered (but not fully!:eek: ) my right arm is still sore but ok.

The bad news is that the doctors have found that I have also torn the ligaments and cartilage in my right knee which will require surgery on at a later date>: Other than that I'm fine.

That days really drag on when you cannot walk as there is not much I can do. It's not until something like this happens that you really appriciate a simple task like walking. There I go again full of self pity!:rollin :rollin :rollin

Anyway that's all for now, ride safe!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bikes and Bruises

Well Lloyd looks like you are on the mend. It may take awhile but I have an idea...get a nice shiny green and silver beast to sit in your garage and go out and stare at it every day. As you probably already know the Nelli has theraputic effects that have been scientificly measured by the American Medical Association and the British General Health Board. They emphatically state that "Those who possess a Tre seem to have better general health and more happiness in there life. They seem to be more personable and with higher expectations from their lives. Also, for some strange and unknown reason they seem to smile far more than our average citizens. We will continue to investigate this common thread." They had a name for that sympton. I think it was Idontgivea****boutanythingitis or something like that but also stated that plastic surgery, while helpful at first, seemed not be able to keep the recurring smile from happening as soon as the test subject returned to the Nelli. The only thing they said to the negative was that there was the occasional Nelli owner that explerienced unexplained stress whilst dealing with dealers during times of repairs. Strange isn't it? Oh well...Thats my story and I am sticking to it!!!!!!!:hat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good to hear most things coming along well for ya, Lloyd. Just had a run-in with the back of a car, and the pointy end of the petrol tank myself. All i got was copious bruising and swelling of the Plums, though... getting better by the day. Morning glory is not quite so glorious at the moment though. :rollin Take care man.

good call, Johny!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lloyd! Glad to hear you're on the mend. I'm at almost 8 months since my accident and I still am on crutches. Sounds like you have more hardware in your leg than I do, though - we should compare x-rays sometime :rollin
I know exactly how you feel being unable to do anything. I spent 3 months doing nothing but lying on the couch. I nearly lost my mind (what little of it is left).
Keep healing, buddy, you'll be back before you know it!

cheers -
mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank's guys!

Thanks to you all, the only thing that keeps me sane is this forum. Unfortunately my internet provider seems to want to disconnect me from them every now and then so I take a chance that I can get on it.>:

I am still trying to get a suitable sum for my poor Nelli from my insurers, it's like hitting your head against a wall!>: Once I have some cash I will then have to think very hard on what to get next. (Assuming I can ride again)

ducboyjr, I agree we should compare x-rays. Hey that's an idea, perhaps this forum should have an annual who's got the most injury/metal work award!!!:lol :lol :lol

Oh well must go, got to do my exercises!:rolleyes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sanity

Okay Lloyd....now you are trying to convince us all that you are sane. Comon now mate, we are having none of that! Keep the chin up and next spring, god willing, you will be back on one. Nothing has stopped you before and I will be damned if i will stand idly by and let it stop you now!!
John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lloyd said:
I also have a 300cm plus scar down my leg which looks a bit Frankenstienish!
Jeez, Lloyd, how freaking tall are you? :eek That would be a 120-inch scar! :rollin Maybe you meant 30cm or 300mm?

BTW, you can see my x-rays (and some other pics) here:

www.tinyurl.com/h2law

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Did I mention that I also hit my head quite badly as well!!!:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

You are quite right, it was meant to say 30cm, He, He.

I have seen your pictures and have to say that you have cheated, you have more screws than me because you broke more bones than I did!

Seriously though, that was one hell of nasty injury you had. I hope you well on the mend now mate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts