Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,first time on the forum first time on any forum for that matter.Now in to my forties and only ever owned Japenese bikes I feel now is the time to make a change to something a littble bit different.Took a close look at the new TNT899 at the NEC and as its the naked type of bike Im after this is a real possibility.Know Benelli have had problems in the past but under new ownership hope things have improved.Build quality looked ok.Just wondering if anybody knows when this bike will be in the dealers and at approx. what price,hoping about £7000.Would appreciate any comments .Thanks for reading. Almost forgot-title of the thread,this is what my so called FRIENDS have called me for even considering a Benelli.I suppose an Italian bike plus a brand new engine is asking for a bit of trouble.

G

·
Hi

Hi and welcome on board. always good to welcome a new member.
Where abouts are you ?
There may have been a few probs with benelli's in the past and may well be a few in the future but they're not the same old run of the mill charactorless inline 4 jap bikes either. (not that theres anything wrong with them),
had jap's all my ridding life but i will never sell my tornado rs in yellow (its the best colour/fastest/best handling/least common, that should start something) because its just brilliant.
The sound, the looks, the attention it gets and quite a good forem full of top lads and lasses who will help you out with anything and everything benelli.
All you have to do is ask, wot these boys (and girls) don't know is not worth knowing and there's even a top shop owner (benelli retailer not clothes shop) that cud sell you a bike and provide dame good back up after.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Well said Pony (except the best colour thing of course - GREEN & SILVER RULES). :rolling:

A warm welcome MarketSquareHero. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Guys,
Yellow is the Italian military issue - RS stands for RED SUPERBIKE!

Green and silver is um? Disruptive Camouflage.....

But what do I know. ;)

Stephen R

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Stephen,
I like the 'Benelli YS' idea!

My apologies to the Italian Military...It was a different shade of yellow.:doh:

(I'll get my coat)

Regards
Stephen R

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome,Im in Lancashire so if you could recommend a dealer nearby or within a reasonable distance would be grateful.A quality dealer is worth his weight in gold in my opinion,will give them a bell to see if they have any idea when the bikes due.Not to bothered about colour as long as its not black,green or red.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
KJM in Wigan - they are the main importer for Benelli

Not sure exactly how far that is from you - but its prob the closest one that would be recommended.

PS - Welcome to the forum :D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Y S
YOUNGONES SUPERBIKE
(OK SO YOUNGONES IS TWO WORDS BUT I COULDN'T THINK OF ANY THING ELSE)

Errr..
YOBBOS SUPERBIKE :rolling:

·
Registered
513 Posts
i will never sell my tornado rs in yellow (its the best colour/fastest/best handling/least common, that should start something) because its just brilliant.
The Yellow bikes are the ones they forgot to put the Green candy top coat on !!!!!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

only kiddin :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts