Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just went to start my bike and rather then getting the usual needles flicking to and from the extremes they just sit and vibrate. Needless to say, the bike won't start. Tried again a few times, same deal. Anyone else seen this? And any ideas what I can do?

Thanks
Billy

·
1,231 Posts
Instruments

Try this...Take off the windscreen and remove the rectangular plug from the back of the instrument cluster. This should do two things: Make sure that the instruments didn't come unpluged a bit (happened to me) and it should reset the dash. A quick fix and easy as pie.

·
1,231 Posts
No Dash

I started mine without the dash and it ran perfect. I was focused on the dash not working there so my bad. If the dash doesn't work try the solution I mentioned but if the bike isn't running I agree with Eng, sounds like a knackered battery. I think I remember someone saying the same battery fits in the R1. Try getting a trickle charge on yours. Failing that get a new battery and see if that solves it. Be sure to get a good one tho.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the plug, it was fine, so I let it trickle charge overnight and by the morning it was good again, so I cut the engine, went to put on my gear, then the same thing...time for a new battery. Thanks for your help guys! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts