Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 1130 on which I am trying to diagnose a speed sensor fault

I have got to the multi way plug on the back of the Speedo but non of the wire colours or positions bear any resemblance to any circuit diagrams I can find

Does anyone know if the earlier version had a different dash or have the correct pin out

Also can anyone point me to where the speed sensor joins the main loom
I can see it disapearing up the back of the engine but can't see it in the vipers nest under the tank

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

I have got to the multi way plug on the back of the Speedo but non of the wire colours or positions bear any resemblance to any circuit diagrams I can find

Does anyone know if the earlier version had a different dash or have the correct pin out

I can see it disapearing up the back of the engine but can't see it in the vipers nest under the tank

Hi ,...
What's the issue ? .
It may just be the sensor needs adjusting to pick up the signal .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ,...
What's the issue ? .
It may just be the sensor needs adjusting to pick up the signal .
Thanks for the reply
A couple of years ago I replaced the sensor with one from RS components ( which has an indicator to show when it is active - this really helps when adjusting) I also put a connector on the swinging arm where it joins in to the existing wiring .
I can check the sensor at this connector and it swaps between 12 and 0v when it should
However there is no electrical continuity between the sensor output and the connector on the back of the dash

As I said the colour code and connections seem to be totally different from any diagram I can find

I suspect there is either yet another break in the sensor cable to the main loom or where the wires go round the headstock - as I have had to do several repairs there already

It would be nice to have a bit of info rather than having to strip the bike down to physically follow the wire
Any help would be appreciate

·
Registered
828 Posts

Look for a 3 pin connector, brake pedal side of the bike , light blue , dark blue and brown, it is the only three pin in there , could be a simple un plug , spray with electrical lube and re connect it . they are supposed to be waterproof ,but mini pins have a habit of corroding .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look for a 3 pin connector, brake pedal side of the bike , light blue , dark blue and brown, it is the only three pin in there , could be a simple un plug , spray with electrical lube and re connect it . they are supposed to be waterproof ,but mini pins have a habit of corroding .
I don't like it when threads just peter out
So here is a bit of an update
Eventually found the connector crammed underneath the tank ( had to lift tank to even see it)
Seemed a bit loose so gave it a bit of a squirt and rammed it back together a few times
Voila we have contact
As an aside the sensor went to pins 16 and 17 on the plug unlike the circuit diagram
Put everything back together firing up and testing as I went
Up to press still working
Just waiting until I can take it for a test ride

1 - 6 of 6 Posts