Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there you go - bike's been in the garage on an optimate charger since I last started it - maybe four weeks.
Now, I have complete instrument failure!
Not even a twitch when I turn it on, and a completely blank LCD. Neutral light and the other warning lights work but that's about it!
Any suggestions?
Anybody ghot an old one lurking somewhere, don't mind the usual faults (resetting clocks etc) but a speedo would be kind of useful.
At least the bike ran fine in yesterday's glorious sunshine :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
disconect the battery, wait a few seconds, connect the battery again. that will do the trick:hat

good luck

Ed (saloe)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish!!! :(
You work with microsoft software by any chance?

Seems a touch more terminal than that, I'm afraid.
Cheers
Neil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats to bad,
sorry it diddn't worked out. My dash has sometimes the same problem. It solved when I disconnected the battery or when the engine hesitate during starting:D

And NO I do not work at microsoft:rollin

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clocks

Thanks, anyhow Saloe -
I'll let everybody know what's up IF i manage to fix it. I have found a constant 150mA drain from the battery when everything is switched off, and a fault code about the coolant temperature sensor (it thinks it's -40 degrees in my garage!), so plenty to look at.

Later
neil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: clocks

I was told that if you leave your bike for more than a few days you should hit ther kill switch, aparently this breaks the circuit and therefore stops the battery running down!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: clocks

Yeah I read somethin bout that too. Also when starting/killing the engine you should use the kill switch then they keys. And for turning her back on switch the keys then they kill switch off. Its meant to stop....ahem help I mean with the resetting dash thing. Seems to have helped considerably with me.

Oh the clock thing - worse case its sold now but I saw one on ebay the other day which went for around £100 (UK). Its the 2nd one in the past month or so. So its not as if there one offs (hopefully)

Dean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts