Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With less than 150 miles on my TRE I have experienced total insturment failure. I have tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting with no improvement. First the speedo would regester 26 mph no matter how fast I was going and the ambient temp and odomoter readings did not change. Then the tack quit working and finally the temp gage gave it up as well.

Capt. Commando
Dallas, TX

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wiring Connector

It's a bit of a long shot, but have you checked the wiring connector at the rear of the clocks just to make sure that the plug hasn't worked itself loose?

Unfortunately, you will have to remove a side fairing panel and the front screen to get good access to it, but it's worth a check.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still working on the instrument package. Thanks for the suggestion to check the connectors at the back of the instruments, did that, no improvement. I've been working long distance with Ken Zeller on the problem. I'm sending him my instrument cluster to try on his bike. Should know something next week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Instrument failure

After checking battery, connectors, and relays it was found to be a faulty instrument package. I had the bike fall over at stand still once, short legs, little or no damage but could have been a shock to the gages. Italy says they are extremely delicate. So be careful with them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Instrument failure

The final diagnostic is in. The instrument package was checked out by Ken at Evoluzion Cycles and pronounced "DOA." The goon news is that GPStar is replacing the entire thing no questions asked. I was told however that they are very sensetive to "shock" such as dropping the bike. Be careful out there.

Capt. Commando

1 - 5 of 5 Posts