Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find an insurer that will insure the bike with the Dymags fitted is causing me a real headache. I've had them say "Sure, we'll insure you with the rims fitted but if you crash it and damage the bike then we'll only arrange to have the original spec ones put on":confused: So the answer is No then?
Just out of interest, has anybody called their insurance company to tell them that they have an aftermarket exhaust on the bike or that they have new rear sets put on etc?

I've got Carol Nash calling me back tomorrow but I have a feeling they are also going to say the same thing. Bloody rims ..... :mad::rolling:

Al;)

·
5,931 Posts
Can't you get it insured for an agreed value?
All you need to do then, is provide them with a list of what extra's are on the bike.
Admittedly, I'm in Oz, but that's what I did, and my claim for a left RobbyMoto peg & lever (plus lots of other bits) was accepted without issue.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I've insured with Carole Nash, and gave them a list of all the modifications to my Fazer 1000, which are quite a few; full Akra system, rearsets, carbon this and that, K+N, etc, and they insured it all, no problem. If they know the value, they should be able to quote a premium accordingly. Sounds like the broker you went to couldn't be bothered.

Just a thought; have you checked the replacement cost of standard wheels? Knowing Benelli spares prices, they probably aren't far off the cost of carbon wheels anyway - so you may not be far off even if they do only cover the cost of standard wheels. Might be worth a phone call to MotoGB to find out.;)

Good luck:D

Ian

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hello chaps

I was with H&R for my bikes, was going to shop around for renewal, but the reminder came in thie week with a quote of £128 for the RS, bugger me, that's cheap, lets just say their arm has been bitten off. The reason it was cheaper was the excess was higher (£600), but with the optional £28 excess insurance which covers the first £500 of excess, it's still soo much cheaper than the other options.

Hate mail readily accepted.

cheers, Fraser

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hello chaps

I was with H&R for my bikes, was going to shop around for renewal, but the reminder came in thie week with a quote of £128 for the RS, bugger me, that's cheap, lets just say their arm has been bitten off. The reason it was cheaper was the excess was higher (£600), but with the optional £28 excess insurance which covers the first £500 of excess, it's still soo much cheaper than the other options.

Hate mail readily accepted.

cheers, Fraser
That IS cheap. I didn't know you could get excess insurance - seems a bit wierd, but if it works, fair enough.
I said I was with Carole Nash, in fact I used to be, but changed last year to Footman James, £320 fully comp with roadside assist, including abroad, for the Tre and Fazer 1000. That's £160 each, so I suppose that compares OK with your £128 + £28 =£156. Carole Nash and Footman James both use Red Star; it's the same policy, but FJ were cheaper than CN. £450 excess, though:(

Cheers

Ian

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a quote from Carol Nash ....

They will insure my wheels and any other extras that I have on the bike (I reckon I'll have about 3k worth of extras) ... £450 excess ... and all for the cheap price of £1100:mad: or just over £900 if I have an alarm/immobiliser fitted!!
Oooooh, bargain:rolling:

Might give H&R a call tomorrow;)

Al:D

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
I've just had my insurance renewal come through £703 (after last years accident and now no NCD :doh: ) through aQuote (via Groupama) I've shopped around and the best I've got so far, £450 fully comp. (although £1100 excess ! :bawl: ) is through Dial Direct ??? Who I've never heard of !

Has anyone used them ?

I'm going to phone aQuote today to see if they can better their quote as I was impressed with how Groupama handled my settlement for my old bike, the money was in the bank within 12 days of the accident !:clap:

oh well, back to Googling for quotes ! :doh:

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Call Bike Team Insurance on
or web address:- 08448 008354
www.biketeam.co.uk
I paid £180 fully comp with £250 excess (I think) on renewal last year (that is with 5 yrs NCR though).
I shopped around last year and couldnt get within £100 of that figure !!!!

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
My insurance, with Benelli and 2 Yamahas on it, plus european breakdown cover and garaging away from my home post code was £360. & 7 or 8 years no claims protected (just as well!). With out Nelli :bawl: it came down £166.

Via Carole Nash with Equity. Will confirm if it is a good deal when my claim is settled .. to be fair my verbal settlement offer looks reasonable but I never believe anything until I see it in writing. Mike

·
Registered
271 Posts
how do you get such quotes, guys ? I am always getting over 1100£/year through MCN quotes, Biketeam, and so on...

I am also in my renewal season: NCB 4 years, leasure only, over 31yo, 6y in the UK, Full UK licence.

:(

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
ok so i`m a little older than you but those figures are terrible .I went with swinton`s (red star underwrite ) £200 ish fully comp including all the xtra`s look around stay away from search engines and c------ dot --m as they are sponsored and all gave me high quotes and lot`s could not do it at all keeep loooking:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Try H&R Insurance, Bike Team, Hastings - these are always the cheaper quotes for me.
Swinton, Carole Nash, Bennetts alwasys come up with a comedy price for me :p
Print out below from the 'Bike Insurer' best quotes for me from a month ago
(37yrs 6yrs No Claims, bike license for 8 yrs - living in bumpkin land (Low risk))

COMPREHENSIVE
Your best result is £196.33.
Insurer Premium Compulsory Excess Voluntary Excess Installments deposit Monthly payments Insurer Riding other bikes Overseas riding Breakdown cover Broker reference Special offers Buy over the phone Buy online
1 H&R Insurance £196.33 £500.00xs
2 Dial Direct £214.29 £600.00xs
3 Performance Direct £225.60 £800.00xs

THIRD PARTY, FIRE AND THEFT

Your best result is £73.50.

1 Dial Direct £73.50 £200.00xs
2 Zenith £99.00 £500.00xs
3 H&R Insurance £100.79 £500.00xs

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
i'm with marcolondon on this how's everyone getting these quotes!!!! i've got 8 years no claims & i was 30 when i insured it & the cheapest i got it was £700 & something & my first quotes were over a £1000 :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Its got something to do with Location and also possibly job description as I pay £288 for Fully Comp and low excess , didnt protect my no claims so only have two (truck incident has been mixed up with my insurance details whizzing through search engines somehow) and i'm 40ish :rolleyes: but did get told my job was explainable for high quote as its a risky job :( (think thats a cop out on insurers part).I tried all search engines and found directly going into a couple of branches better than sitting for hours on internet or phone lines as i was just another no faced person. At the NEC i found that a certain insurance rep was beating all comparisons given but think that was just to drum up sales !!.

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
yeah i know the job thing has alot to do with it but what the hells that got to do with owt:confused: its a load of shite if you ask me!!!!! i'm in a crap catogary too motor trade so next year i'm changing it to retail cos i sell things ;) its not my post code cos theirs not many rabbit & squirel bike thieves round my neck of the woods :rolling: cos my gixer was cheep to insure. i think it didn't help that the bike was brand new so hopefully next time it will be alot cheeper!!!!!!!!!

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
When I was shopping around I got fully comp down to about £180 BUT then they (Bennets and a couple of others) realized my garage is a different post code from my house so they bumped it over £100 , then the added on the breakdown cover and the other 2 bikes and up it went. I had already decided to stay with Carole Nash and Equity when I had my crash.

The service post accident has been excellent - friendly, sympathetic, understood the bike was a Benelli not a Honda etc .. . I am sure other companies are good too but until you have to test the service you don't know if they are good value for money or not. In this case I think they deserve a recommendation.

Mike

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
thats a good thing to know cos thats who i'm with (not that i intend to find that out)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts