Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, anybody got a good insurance quote for tre, had my renewel for my first complete year £379 full comp with european breakdown cover through the insurance line,full no claims, anybody got a better deal ?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmm, that would depend on how long you've been riding busa as well as your postal code and the number of years no claims you have:b Which company are you insured with at the moment and does that what is the excess you would have to pay and does that also include any legal insurance in there also:\

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey dude, I live in same area(ish) bit younger than you mind ;) and pay £500 fully comp with 100 excess and bike covered at £5000. I got 3 or 4 yrs no claims I think. I reckon if ya hunt about you might get it to 300 but my father in law and a few of his biker mates all ride bike 900-1000cc all between 35-50 and pay similar to your quote. Im insured with A quote insurance, they were naff on the net but they called back with the deal

Goodluck either ways oh and ps get yourself down the burnham run soon!!!

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
£219 fully comp with legal cover etc. 40 y.o., full no claims (about 21 years at last count) European cover etc. First Quote Insurance, did a sh!t load of form filling on internet and quotes ranged from over £600 to the price I paid, worth having a look around and doing a bit of haggling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just now!.. for my new RS picking up on thursday :D

Bikenet 0800 27 99 697

£289 Fully comp inc legal and Europe.

41yo 2years NCB and 3 points...!

Started off about an hour ago at £500+...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try these

I work for an insurance intermediary so I get a good deal anyway.

Try www.moneysupermarket.com
or
www.confused.com

These companies put your details out to loads of insurance companies.....including us Direct Choice (plug) it'll only quote the top 3 - 5 competative companies.

Failing that just do the blag...get a quote, whilst getting another when they ask for best quote - take £30 off what you've just been quoted. Repeat for all freephone numbers in the nearest bike mag. You'll soon get an idea off what you can realistically expect to pay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick tip

To get a decent quote On-line you will need to spend a good 5-10 mins on the questionnaire. Prolly be about 15 pages long, which is why the 2 that I mentioned previously are worth having a look at.

Anything less detailed aint worth you're time or effort coz even though these 2 second quotes say £200 for Fully Comp, as soon as you ring them to say "Ill 'ave it" they'll say...'Oooh sir, it's seems like you breathe and you can use a telephone...that bring your policy to £1000TPF+T'

To get a proper quote you'll need all the nitty gritty detail.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Quick tip

Tanxs guys, spending alot of time on form filling, looks promising, coming down already, trying your recomendations !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts