Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have contacted a guy selling carbon goodies (via ebay) and this is the email reply :-
hi there....yes we can make accessories no problem.....any size/shape/complexity can be done...(we actually make world superbike bodywork for the factory race teams) so we can handle any bike shape very easily..
send me a list of what u wish to cover and il quote you no problem???
and yes we will give multiple discounts?
fire the details across with pictures and il quote you?
regards
james

I asked them if they needed an original part to make a template from (which they probably will) I told him that I would send photos of items I would like him to quote for (so at least we know if its something we can afford !!!

So if anyone has something in mind that they want in carbon - let me know & I will forward details on to this guy for a price
Items I am thinking of as ideas are:-
The middle/centre section of the lower fairing (behind the front wheel)
The plastic shrouds around the cockpit / clocks & possible the air vent ducts
(is anyone interested in these - or is it only me :bawl: )

Notice he also mentioned 'group discounts' - Eh Mr White what do you think of that :ele:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the question - Does anyone have any of these parts spare - so they can be used to make the mould?

If not its a strip down of my nelli (and I so wanted to run her through the winter months - only when there is no grit, ice, snow - oh and above 8 degrees !!)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Trying to steel my position as 'King of the Group Buys', Eh Kurt....good on ya matey. :clap:

How about getting him to do the cover for the front sprocket :confused:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi Kurt
m afraid I dont have the bits to be used either as im running my bike but definitely interested in the parts you mentioned and also the front sprocket cover that Laurence mentioned.
How about a CF tail tidy?

I might be interested in CF fairings also dependant upon price

Cheers

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to let you guys know - I am gonna let this thread run a week before contacting the guy with what 'our' preferred parts are for a quote

You gotta let me know if there is anything in particular you would like made in carbon

I am not sure of his prices at the moment - so if I know roughly how many numbers per item - feel free to post on here and let me know - I guess it will have an effect on the price (the number of items I order)

Jeez Mr White - trying to organise a group buy is a ruddy stressful time aint it ???

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I'd like a carbon hanger plate ala LE and for a simple piece the cover around the Ignition Barrell .Alsothe plastic upper fairing covers that hide upper fairing mounting and have the screws pass through to hold mirrors on. what about the rear brake line protector that would be identical to the official benelli one ?. I'm willing to give up some if not all of this off the RS if A. i can get a discount for mould prototypes ;) and B. bikes only going to be used after xmas really (errolls exhaust testing excepted).

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Jeez Mr White - trying to organise a group buy is a ruddy stressful time aint it ???
You don't know the half of it matey. Wait until you have paid up front then try and get the dosh out of some of the buggers, some of them will run for the hills with all sort of excuses about being skint.
Oooops, I forgot, it was only you that done that :rolling:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And I remember thanking you soooo much for your kindness Mr W :clap:

Still am skint !! :bawl:

If I could sell my other house I would be able to eat properly instead of Asda 'whoops' chicken and smart price beans :(

I guess given the current climate I best not hold my breath !!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
are you still persisting Kurt?

if so balance shaft cover and sprocket cover for me please

RDC
Yup - I have sent him details of what I would like him to quote me for - so just waiting now (Maybe I wont hear back until the new year ?? !!:eek: )

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Isn't running a 'Group Buy' fun Kurt :clap:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Isn't running a 'Group Buy' fun Kurt :clap:
Friggin Hell yeh !!!!

Its as much fun as root canal treament Mr White - I could never take your title as King of the Group Buys :bow:
Your latest 'offers' are very tempting - But I gonna have to sit out for now but if you run it again later in 2008 hopefully I can jump on board :bow:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
How much later in 2008 would you like it Kurt?.................... better hurry up 'cause theres only 2 weeks left!!! :rolling:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Ive placed an order for the front sprocket cover from the slovakian company before euro rates go any worse and waiting to hear about ETA . Do want a rear tail/indicator hanger in carbon and wouldnt mind carbon mirrors in bare carbon look but guess that one will never happen . ordering a gp style exhaust this week and keep the titanium benelli race for Mot times.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have contacted a guy selling carbon goodies (via ebay) and this is the email reply :-
hi there....yes we can make accessories no problem.....any size/shape/complexity can be done...(we actually make world superbike bodywork for the factory race teams) so we can handle any bike shape very easily..
send me a list of what u wish to cover and il quote you no problem???
and yes we will give multiple discounts?
fire the details across with pictures and il quote you?
regards
james

I asked them if they needed an original part to make a template from (which they probably will) I told him that I would send photos of items I would like him to quote for (so at least we know if its something we can afford !!!

So if anyone has something in mind that they want in carbon - let me know & I will forward details on to this guy for a price
Items I am thinking of as ideas are:-
The middle/centre section of the lower fairing (behind the front wheel)
The plastic shrouds around the cockpit / clocks & possible the air vent ducts
(is anyone interested in these - or is it only me :bawl: )

Notice he also mentioned 'group discounts' - Eh Mr White what do you think of that :ele:
Kurt - I'd be interested in pretty much anything new(got the usual carbon bits
already) . Plastic shrouds around cockpit and clocks is a great idea as is the bit behind the front wheel. As for the air duct vents - sure I've seen these before - think i tried to buy some from Terry triple a while back. what about the lower part of the tail section- ie the whole black plastic bit??? maybe too tricky with fan covers???
Keep me posted anyway

cheers

1 - 20 of 30 Posts