Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
lane splitting bastard
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I making an official intro here as a brand spanking new Benelli Tre-K Amazonas owner.

My love affair with the Tre-K began a few years ago when my friend and I saw one on display at the Long Beach Motorcycle show out here in California. Both of us fell in love with it right then. However neither one of us had any plans on buying one for various reasons.

Fast forward to June of this year. While leisurely browsing the internet I find a really good deal on a few Tre-Ks. But the seller is in Memphis, 2000 miles away from Los Angeles. I forward the email to two of my best friends who happen to be motorcycle enthusiasts. And a few weeks later the deal is made. We are on a plane to Memphis to pick up our brand new three Benelli Tre-K bikes - green/grey, black-grey and the yellow Amazonas (mine). We rode them back to Los Angeles in 4 days. A good test for any motorcycle.

2000 miles is a long way and a good proving ground. The bikes held their own. The biggest gripe for all 3 bikes were the floating idle RPMs (anywhere between 1400 and 3000 depending on God knows what). If someone on here has had this problem before please chime in. The second problem was the mirrors. Two out of the 3 bikes (including mine) could not have their mirrors secured enough. The air flow would keep folding them in. And the third problem that pertains just my bike is the peeling paint on the front fender. Sort of frustrating for an expensive machine.

I have already visited a Benelli dealer that is closest to my house to establish a relationship with them. I am scheduled to bring the bike in to investigate the floating idle RPMs. And they should be ordering new parts to fix the other two issues for me. Not the end of the world. It's not the only motorcycle I own.

Other than these 3 things the bike is absolutely phenomenal. I have a smile on my face any time I am riding it. The bike is definitely a keeper.

So are there any Los Angeles area Tre-K owners or Benelli owners on this forum? I have never seen a Benelli on a street out here, let alone a Tre-K.

I profusely apologize for my long intro. I am done typing now. I will probably be asking a bunch of stupid questions pretty soon.

And in the meantime here are some visuals of our bikes.

Thanks for tuning in

Sideout.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bikes.
I live in Vista, in North County San Diego and have owned a Cafe racer since December 2007. Their is now another Cafe Racer in my area sold by the same dealer to a New Zealander. Common as muck now. But it's great to see more around.

Paul

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
hi and welcome to the forum glad your pleased with the bikes.As for the idle issue at your 1st service 500 miles you should get the installation of the correct maps this will make the power button work and make the bike do more mpg with the button pressed in ,this should feel less aggressive in its power delivery to .When mine was done it cured the excessive idle fluctuation ,you still get a small amount though .The only prob we have had with the mirrors has been corroding stems (which are being changed under warranty ) .Paint issues there have been a few rear sub frames with peeling paint and also foot peg carriers ,thats the only bits i have seen on the trek`s so good luck and enjoy the ride ,by the way do you not get done by the cops for no registration plates on the bikes we would get the book thrown at us over here they would say we are deliberately trying to pervert the coarse of justice by hiding our identity lol

·
lane splitting bastard
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip on the engine map. I'll bring that up with my dealer.

The idling problem on my particular bike has miraculously vanished. Though my two friends are still afflicted by it.

Corroding stems are probably never going to happen out here in California. I can see however that this could be happening in Europe due to a more severe climate.

As for the bikes with no registration I honestly thought we were going to be pulled over a lot. Especially given the sheer amount of cops we saw on the way through all 7 states. Probably crime isn't high in the states of Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada as probably all their police force was out on the road hunting the unsuspected speeders.

It's been like 5 days of my riding it in California. No cops pull me over yet. Actually it's pretty great riding without a license plate. You can park wherever you want and they won't know how to write you a ticket. :D

hi and welcome to the forum glad your pleased with the bikes.As for the idle issue at your 1st service 500 miles you should get the installation of the correct maps this will make the power button work and make the bike do more mpg with the button pressed in ,this should feel less aggressive in its power delivery to .When mine was done it cured the excessive idle fluctuation ,you still get a small amount though .The only prob we have had with the mirrors has been corroding stems (which are being changed under warranty ) .Paint issues there have been a few rear sub frames with peeling paint and also foot peg carriers ,thats the only bits i have seen on the trek`s so good luck and enjoy the ride ,by the way do you not get done by the cops for no registration plates on the bikes we would get the book thrown at us over here they would say we are deliberately trying to pervert the coarse of justice by hiding our identity lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
welcome to the clan of the trekies

Live long and prosper

Oh and the green and silver one is the best that cos I got one:ele: at the moment

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
welcome,great photo's by the way,especially the one in the garage,you kinda get used to garages with these thirsty triple motors.:rolling: :doh:
Also really like the wire wheels on your Amazonas,wonder what a Tornado would look like with wire wheels?............

·
lane splitting bastard
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliment. The gas station in the picture wasn't operable. It was just standing there as a bit of history. Although I have to say - not a lot of history in a European sense. I am sure I'd get to see more "history" riding 2000 miles around good old Europe than I did doing so across the US. Oh well, some day ...

There were also towns that lookув like this one:

Oatman, Arizona, population 128 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oatman,_Arizona

superb photo's buddy and I can't believe there's still gas stations that look like that ! Awesome ! :bow:

Glenn, puhlease :).
Everyone knows yellow is the faster color :)

Oh and the green and silver one is the best that cos I got one:ele: at the moment

Why would you want to have the spoke wheels on a Tornado? It's like correcting a Michelangelo's painting or something :)

Also really like the wire wheels on your Amazonas,wonder what a Tornado would look like with wire wheels?............

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
is iy me and spoyying the difference .

rear brake caliper on amazon is above swing arm ?

is this rite ?

or friday italian jobbie

·
lane splitting bastard
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, and the owner was really proud of them. Those were the butt of a lot of jokes. The owner of the green one and myself are really into styling unlike the third guy. That's why we bought the Nelson Rigg soft saddle bags. The company that's slightly more reputable company than a noname made in India 100 years ago brand :rolling: .

Is it me or has the Silver/Grey bike got horses saddle bags fitted ! :eek:
:rolling:
:D

Actually it's a dead animal killed by his great grand father and skinned long before he was born. :rolling: Got a lot of shit from us for that as well. He truly believes this worn out piece of shite makes a world of difference and makes his arse less numb on longer rides. Very delusional if you ask me
why`s the guy with the silver trek got a hairy chest stuck to the seat HHHHMMMM

Thanks for the compliment. I'll add more in a separate post on here for you guys to enjoy.
Fantastic post, thanks for sharing and welcome to the world of Benelli. Fabulous photograhs :clap:

Yes, the Amazonas has the rear brake caliper above the swing arm. More off-road-y I guess. Also the brake discs are different shape comparing to the regular Tre-K.
is iy me and spoyying the difference .

rear brake caliper on amazon is above swing arm ?

is this rite ?

or friday italian jobbie

·
lane splitting bastard
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More pics

Per multiple audience requests here are the notorious horse saddle bags up close and personal:

I am in love with my bike:

Pit stop at Graceland in Memphis, a total tourist trap if you ask me:

A quick stop in the woods of Arkansas:

The "stylish" member of the group fidgeting with his gear shifter, he was unhappy with the way the shifter was aligned against his "stylish" big ass Aerostitch boots (also looking like something he'd inherited from his great grand father along with that skinned animal :D ) :

All 3 of us wore cooling vests, you soak it in water, squeeze the water out and then wear it under your riding jacket, keeps you cool for a good few hours. The major difference between that and soaking your t-shirt is that the vest does not drip water into your underwear. A major plus. Here is yours truly depicted wearing one. I am not mad or upset, just the sun is really bright :):

Another Benelli fascination inspired pic:

·
lane splitting bastard
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A BMW rider stopped to check out not one but three Benelli bikes, something he hasn't seen before and probably won't stumble upon in a foreseeable future:

Arizona sunset, sorry no bikes in the pic:

Somewhere in New Mexico if I recall correctly:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Fabulous!!!
that looks like one hell of a great road trip! Im considering a road trip from Texas, through New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and into California and this is really inspiring :) Might have to settle from something Japanese from the rental company though :bawl:

·
Bristol Member
102 Posts
Bigger Screens!!

Has anyone noticed that all 3 bikes have larger screens and different shape mirrors than the Uk spec bikes. I think this has been covered in a previous post but looks like its a US spec thing. Not seen it on any bikes in the UK
:rolleyes:
I wouldnt mind getting one of those bigger screens

·
lane splitting bastard
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know about the screen and mirrors. But what I do know is that we've got the US spec rear turn signals. The original ones came with bikes as well. I am planning on installing them as they look much more stylish.

Has anyone noticed that all 3 bikes have larger screens and different shape mirrors than the Uk spec bikes. I think this has been covered in a previous post but looks like its a US spec thing. Not seen it on any bikes in the UK
:rolleyes:
I wouldnt mind getting one of those bigger screens

·
Bristol Member
102 Posts
I don't know about the screen and mirrors. But what I do know is that we've got the US spec rear turn signals. The original ones came with bikes as well. I am planning on installing them as they look much more stylish.
I can see now you point it out. The rear turn signals on the uk bikes are thin and pointed. I think they are common to other Benellis.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Screen/Indicators

You'll probably find the US rear indicators will fit inside the luggage. With the factory luggage the nice stylie pointy ones have to be moved onto an extension and don't look so good. Any chance you can tell me your dealers name as I have tried several dealers in the UK and Europe for the same screen you have and hit a brick wall. No one down this end of the world has a seen them either. Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts