Benelli Forum banner

IS BENELLI THAT BAD

5K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  benelliboy 
I bought an 2005 reg Tornado Tre privataly when it was 6 months old with 1200mls on the clock - it has now done 4800mls in the past 18months of ownership and except a gear selector problem (which eventually they replaced under warranty) I have had no problems - I think its the luck of the draw personally !!

Now one of my mates bought an Aprillia 6 months old just after I bought the Nelli and so far he has had - 2 new ecu boxes ! - Injector bodies replaced - Swingarm replaced (manufacturer recall) - new clocks as the LCD blew up internally !

So I think like with anything there are some good ones and some bad ones - unfortunatly Benelli have a greater percentage 'bad uns' compared to other manufacturers.

I have only ever had Honda bikes that have been without any trouble (but then again do you call 3 batteries in 4 years good?? (That was also with it on an optimate for good periods over winter too !!!!)

I would say go for it - but I havent had as many problems as say - BigBadAl !!

Hi Mark (Benelliboy)

Drop me a line (or PM) if you fancy meeting up at Donny at any point fella.

I would be interested to find out what your Missus reckons to being on the back - my girlfriend is contemplating getting on the back - she hasnt been on a bike for over 10 years due to a major RTA - but the silly small seat is putting her off more that the flashbacks to the RTA ??
Cheers

Kurt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.