Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or is it a perfect day to take your bike out for a blast and dust away the cobwebs? I don't want to sound too cocky but I think we may just have the weather now to almost start calling this summer:D Shite, I've just remembered that I don't have a bike:bawl: Oh well, it's another large JD and coke for me then huh?

Al (bikeless since 1845):D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Al,
If it helps to take the pain away -then why not!

Hope all your injuries are on the mend? and on the basis that 'you can't keep a good man down' you'll be back on the road (not literally I hope) in no time.

Just watch those roundabouts...

Cheers! :lager: :gulp:

Regards
Stephen R

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm only drinking this much today because it's all being done in the name of science:rolling: Just wish I had my bloody bike on the road again. All me injuries have healed up nicely and my nuts now look like nuts again but my friggin' right elbow clicks like a clickety thing in clicksville. Now, if it was my left elbow ......;)

Al (Just helping the science dudes out:D)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi Al sorry to hear you fell off or was it a bump? what happened and when?
have not followed the site for a while was I look for a new Nelli.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I came off it all by myself Jurek. Thought I was Valentino with my chin down and arse up and never even saw the roundabout until it was too late:rolling: Tried like buggery to go around it but there was a fair bit of gravel on the road so I opted for the "let's go over it" technique. Only thing was, I went and hit a street light that was lying down in the middle of the bloody thing. Made the initial jolt out of the seat when I first went over it but took a crash course in the art of rolling about when I hit the street light. Oh and it happened on the 29th of March.:rolling:

Al (Still rolling around);)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sorry to hear that.....forward observation....was missing.

Will the nsurance repair the bike, can you claim from the council, as the lamp post was in an area that a rider could forseably be found in, if he missed the roundabout. Was it well marked as a dangerous obstruction?

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
forward observation....was missing.
That and a fair bit of target fixation too buddy but we all learn from our mistakes I suppose;)

Will the nsurance repair the bike
Not a chance matey. They've written it off:(

As for the council? I'm not sure if I've left it too late to do anything about it now:doh:

Al (Still learning from my mistakes:D)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Al Drink Red bull it gives you wings. Cheaper than buying another bike:rolling:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Al the incident was this year. You have 3 years to make a PI claim. Did you have legal protection cover with your insurance?
Any photos of the locus? (the roundabout not the plague) and the lamp post?
I would be looking at a claim against the council,
You sould make sure that all the road signes are correct and informative. Go For IT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts