Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having watched the 19.00 hour "Stay alert" broadcast ..
You can go out , etc etc, as long as you social distance .
Can I go out on my Benelli ? and enjoy myself ?
There are no cafe,s no pubs, don,t use public transport .

I can go fishing on my own apparently , so is a full face helmet and not stopping other than remote places on my own allowed, to admire the view s ?

where the hell is this going ?

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,393 Posts
I’ll be going out on the Tnt on Wednesday :clap:

fred

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Great news for those in England.. bit I'm pretty sure his words were "Drive" .. I guess you could try it .. but don't cross the borders the police are red hot on fines
for motorcyclists here in Whales unless you've been to the garden centre for seeds (haha) now !

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great news for those in England.. bit I'm pretty sure his words were "Drive" .. I guess you could try it .. but don't cross the borders the police are red hot on fines
for motorcyclists here in Whales unless you've been to the garden centre for seeds (haha) now !

Well that,s Wales off the list then
shame great roads .
Its the Malverns and Herefordshire for me then,

·
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,393 Posts
Cotswolds here👍

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cotswolds here👍
Come a bit farther,
Old M4 Bridge , Wye valley, Monmouth , old Hereford road, Wormelow , left Tram Inn , Golden Valley, Kingstone and beyond
Eardisley, Kington, shamefully the two fat ladies cafe is closed . Back to Leominster. Doms cafe is shut as well.
back to Hereford , Ross on to Gloucester. back to the Cotswolds and home .
Grand day out Grommit.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I will be out from Wednesday, probably with one or two mates..socially distanced of course...but just not take the piss. Ie no big groups and staying away from usual bike hotspots.
Luckily I have the Yorkshire Dale's, north york moors and Northumberland all within easy reach...so jobs a goodun..

·
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,393 Posts
In all seriousness, anyone who comes across this thread. Let’s all be a bit sensible and take it easy. A modicum of restraint wouldn’t go a miss.

Enjoy Wednesday :ele::ele::eek:

·
5,869 Posts
Here's a really good article by someone who really knows his stuff. It's an eye opener, but obvious when you think about it.
Very basically, it says that you need to ingest a certain amount of virus to catch the disease, and that amount is dependent on the amount of virus you are exposing yourself to, and the amount of time you are exposed.
Everything is based on that.

Follow that and you'll not go wrong.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a really good article by someone who really knows his stuff. It's an eye opener, but obvious when you think about it.
Very basically, it says that you need to ingest a certain amount of virus to catch the disease, and that amount is dependent on the amount of virus you are exposing yourself to, and the amount of time you are exposed.
Everything is based on that.

Follow that and you'll not go wrong.
You are right , a very interesting article, from another perspective.
Three things really jump out , the "recovery to normality" the horrendous continued projected deaths, even though the R rate is dropping and cases decline ..
The classic , if the lockdown continues and "open up and all bets are off"
This is a World classic, "if you don,t solve the biology, the economy won,t recover"

Best get out while you can on the bike Fred , think this is going to be the shortest lifting of restrictions ever .
I am going to tax a bike tomorrow, and probably Sorn it , end of the month, I have not ridden a bike since last October , all insured , all road legal.
WET, wet ,wet from end of September here, monsoon ended 20th March. shutdown started 22.3.2020.

·
Registered
603 Posts
After the last couple of months I think I am going to go out on my bike and stay out! :rolling::rolling:

·
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,393 Posts
Lucky git .. enjoy it while you can ..
Bikes looking great !
I do think our new freedoms will be rescinded.........:(

fred

·
Registered
687 Posts
Had to go to Toolstation for some nuts n bolts, so I went the long way. Back end is softer now after the shock mod (thanks Rick)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Had to go to Toolstation for some nuts n bolts, so I went the long way. Back end is softer now after the shock mod (thanks Rick)
Fantastic news this , I took a gamble doing mine and it looks like it's paying off for others .
You'll be going back out for oil tomorrow then ... The even longer way round 😁

·
Registered
6 Posts
We are out of Lockdown here in little old New Zealand. My son and I went for our first ride yesterday (me on my BN600 and him on his little R3) 260km. So many bikes out yesterday. Pubs open this Thursday. Some Restaurants are open, You can't have groups bigger than 10, and we can see family and friends now but have to stay 2 metres away from anyone we don't know. We have had no new cases of the virus for 3 days.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts