Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally picked up the tornado today from Russ :bow:

Not the best test ride home as it was motorway most of the 120 miles, but apart from the expected issues - clocks resetting, invisible neutral etc, the only thing that worried me slightly was it cut out a couple of times when I was off the motorway going down through the gears to a stop for lights etc. Seems to be going between 2nd and 1st. Once or twice it seemed like it choked a bit when blipping the throttle between 2nd and 1st, but manifested itself as a small misfire instead of stalling. I need to take it out for a longer ride round some twisties to really see, but just wondered if anyone has had any similar problems?
I doubt its been used much in the last couple of months so could just be crap fuel as it was running on reserve by the time I got off the m'way.

Anyway, apart from that (hopefully minor) issue, I am one happy khazak and look fwd to meeting up with some fellow Benelli owners soon!

Cheers

Borat

·
Registered
53 Posts
Borat, glad you got to pick up the beast. Have you given any or your sisters a ride yet :rolleyes:

The stalling is a known issue, raising the idle will help but does not seem to totally eliminate it. I have found letting the RPM's get below 2,800 before pulling in the clutch (you will hear the sound, like what we call a Jake Brake here in the states) you can avoid the stall issue. Get ready for a lot of attention at stops :)

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
clocks resetting, invisible neutral etc, the only thing that worried me slightly was it cut out a couple of times when I was off the motorway going down through the gears to a stop for lights etc. Seems to be going between 2nd and 1st. Once or twice it seemed like it choked a bit when blipping the throttle between 2nd and 1st, but manifested itself as a small misfire instead of stalling.
There's nothing to worry about Borat........................everything there sounds pretty normal to me :confused: .......I'm sure you'll get used to it's 'Italian character' after a little while :)

When are we gonna see some pictures of you on it?............. can't wait to see if you look anything like the guy in the movie :rolling: :rolling:

·
903 Posts
Congratulations

Congratulations Borat, I hope she gives you many trouble free miles>(or at least only have minor problems:rolling:. ) I am sure you will have people flocking to see her and ask "What are those fans for"?

Don't forget to post some pictures of her and give up you riding impressions.
(I will do a write up on Benelli V MV soon, I just have not had the time or weather to ride my MV!)

Keep sunny side up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts