Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must be true cuz it says so in MCN and there never WRONG are they

Your comments Gentlemen, ladies (if there are any) and hairdressers (you know who you are)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
What is that based on? If its based on the original 24k price then its no surprise. If it were based on real resale prices over the last 2 years (not Parkers / Glasses unfathomable estimates!) they would sing a different tune as the flurry of sales recently has proved :clap: They are on the up boys get 'em while they're hot lol.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
What is that based on? If its based on the original 24k price then its no surprise. If it were based on real resale prices over the last 2 years (not Parkers / Glasses unfathomable estimates!) they would sing a different tune as the flurry of sales recently has proved :clap: They are on the up boys get 'em while they're hot lol.
They based it on Parkers study of resale prices over the first 12 months, I believe, which showed a £6450 drop in the first year, equalling 49.6% of the buying price, which would make that £13000. Which just goes to show, buy them at a year old and you've got a bargain:clap: :clap: !

If it's any further consolation, not far behind it, with a 47% drop of £9402 :doh: , was the Ducati 999R...;)

I wonder what a 1198R will fetch next year?:D

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
They based it on Parkers study of resale prices over the first 12 months, I believe, which showed a £6450 drop in the first year, equalling 49.6% of the buying price, which would make that £13000. Which just goes to show, buy them at a year old and you've got a bargain:clap: :clap: !

If it's any further consolation, not far behind it, with a 47% drop of £9402 :doh: , was the Ducati 999R...;)

I wonder what a 1198R will fetch next year?:D

Cheers

Ian
Here's what I don't get though - hands up who knows of an le which sold for that price? It can only make sense if that is based on the price dealers will offer.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Here's what I don't get though - hands up who knows of an le which sold for that price? It can only make sense if that is based on the price dealers will offer.
Yeah, I guess they're basing it on trade in, not retail prices. You never get the whole story, eh? :doh:

Cheers

Ian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It can only make sense if that is based on the price dealers will offer.
Parkers and all the rest of these TRADE books who's prices are implemented by the TRADE are resonsible for the ridiculously low resale value of all Tornados, Thus why we are seeing the bargins we are seeing on ebay and in other for sale sites and papers.
Mega if you want to buy a PRE ownened LE/Tre at the min.
Pants if you need to sell 1
(did i mention mine is still FOR F*@KING SALE)

It sucks and its all being controlled by 1 thing and 1 thing only :mad:

Do i need to spell it out (if i do then you need to go and read all the above again. . . its obvious) Tornado owners have been :spank:
(this IS just my opinion and not the opinion of the WHOLE forum or its members and if I have upset any1 in the trade i DON'T CARE)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
It's all to do with demand, though, right? Let's face it, the majority of bike riders do not want to own a Tornado, whereas there will be plenty of buyers for 'Blades, R6's, etc etc. So, if you own a bike shop, which would you rather have your showroom full of, rice burners or Benelli's? Following on from that, which are you going to pay more for as a trade-in? The one you can sell easily, right? Obvious, really, in'it? These are simple commercial decisions that dealers make in order to earn a living. If we all thought that LE's were worth their list price, they would all have sold by now, but, after 7 years, there are still some unsold in the showrooms, even at half the original price, and there were only 150 to start with, for Chr#st's sake!! Your average bike dealer, faced with a Tornado being presented to him for p/x, is going to hold a cross up and wave garlic at it! :rolling: :rolling: . If that doesn't work, he will offer a risible price which he knows he should'nt lose on. Which brings us back to the start of this thread...:D

So come on guys, don't worry about what they are worth, we knew all of this when we bought them, so let's just enjoy the ride :clap: :clap:

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
513 Posts
The rarer they get...the more they will fetch time will tell, probably worth alot less with the blades and r1s of this world.Look at the super special Firebalde EVO waas up for sale at £17000 no takers....

Mark

·
Registered
403 Posts
chill lads

From my impressions, If you bought a bike for resale only, you would never buy one at all. :doh:

Don't worry about resale, just get on it, ride it like it was your father in-laws.

Fix it when its broke, when you dont like it anymore, move it on to another one.

:rolling:

·
1,231 Posts
Resale

So lets get this straight...I bought one brand new for 9 grand....sold it for 9 grand....where was my resale loss again? The one I have now, I am pretty sure I could sell #150 for exactly what I paid for it...and you lot can buy it when it is pryed from my cold dead fingers!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My point exactly. The average selling price for the 5 LEs which I know about selling 2nd hand in the UK in the last 2 years is 8300, so the only thing I can think of is that Parkers have just said "Oh, LEs we have no data, lets just ring some dealers and get PX prices". Its the only explanation cos otherwise they are living in lalaland. On top of that, how many new LEs have sold for the 13k? I know the one Bob has ended up with did, but any others have probably gone to live in private collections so who knows.
Like you say though its all academic to anyone on this forum cos we all bought out of love and none of us will be selling any time soon ;)

<scuttles off to write a stiff letter to MCN>

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Someone send me an MCN! I can't get the damn things here!
just look on there web site bud if they send them to afganistan you should be able to get one. Having said that I get it every week if you want me to send you them every month i can do. Don't know how long it will take to get there . Tony.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
So lets get this straight...I bought one brand new for 9 grand....sold it for 9 grand....where was my resale loss again? The one I have now, I am pretty sure I could sell #150 for exactly what I paid for it...and you lot can buy it when it is pryed from my cold dead fingers!
there's a challenge, *all* we need is a Typhoon for that job ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts