Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a wee post earlier about the injector warning light coming on when I started the bike up earlier. Well the good news is that it has went out all by itself:) Yippee. Panick over.

I don't fucking think so ....

I nipped out on the bike today to go to the shops and just as I got back to the house ... bang!!! Something gave way:mad: It sounded like the clutch basket has went again!!!
I had noticed that when coming down the gears the clutch seemed to vibrating quite a bit in my hand and seemed really snappy. I got straight on the phone to Glen at KJM and started the bike up to let him hear it.
He reckons that there is a rear tensioner (forgot the name of the part) which has went tits up and that he really doesn't think that the clutch basket has went again. He did mention that if the worst came to the worst then a new engine might be required.

So I've made up my mind.

When this bike gets sorted .... it goes. I never want to own another friggin Benelli again as long as they continue to churn out pieces of shite like they seem to be doing.
I am friggin fuming about this. F*ck Benelli, f*ck each and everyone of them. It'll be a good ol' fashioned GSXR for me. At least I know it'll let me play on her for a damn sight longer than the piece of green italian shite that's sitting out in my front driveway:mad:

Rant over ... I'm going for somebreakfast:bawl:

Al:(

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Does the big fella want a hug :hero:

Friggin hell Al, you have had some shite with that one, I reckon that you have got to know most folk at KJM - why not ask them to take your bike off you and give you a Black and Silver one (fewer problems bar flaky paint):doh:

Have you got a post on here indicating everything that has gone wrong with your bike (or have I imagined it?:)

:smashpc: :blowup:

·
5,967 Posts
Oh Crap

I'm very sorry to hear this mate. It seems I've lulled you into a false sense of security. I sincerely regret this.

If it still runs - DON'T. It needs to come apart to find out why it's like it is, and maybe it can still be saved.

If it is the cam chain tensioner, you can find out by measuring the tensioner depth. This is exactly why I'm keeping track of it myself & reckon every owner should. The manual says you should do it every service. Benelli probably know what they're talking about.

If you were going to keep it, I'd tell you to buy a Tuneboy. That would be able to tell you what the engine warning light is complaining about, and whether you need worry about it. But since you're not, I'd urge everyone else to get one, or at least get access to one, or the Axione.

Again, mate, I'm sincerely sorry.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems I've lulled you into a false sense of security. I sincerely regret this.

Again, mate, I'm sincerely sorry.
Nothing to appologise for buddy:D I had already mentioned to Laurence that I was concerned that the Ignition warning light may have went out as a result of maybe an electrical fault. Who knows? I wasn't lulled into a false sense of security Errol, I just seem to be friggin jinxed when it comes to this bike.

Anyway, if everyone would like to put your orders in for the parts that I'll be taking off this bike then feel free and don't forget to make a small donation towards the cost of the petrol for setting this f*cker alight:rolling:)

Al:D

·
5,967 Posts
One way to solve the paint peeling problem - BURN the bitch.

So the light DID go out?

You would still be under warranty? Maybe, if Benelli give you another engine, it'll come with an additional 12 mths warranty. Tax's did. He ended up with an RS spec. Maybe you will too? If it comes down to a replacement.

Cripes, after this news, I'll be listening for every new rattle on mine, all the way to the island and back -- next week.

Wanna sell your C wheels? (They're fairly light, I'm told, so shipping should be affordable)

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Sorry Al,
Did not mean to be insensitive. I would go talk to your dealer. The first line defense , then cc the email to benelli.

Hope it works out buddy.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Al,
As always - me thinks Roland is right, have a proper chat with KJM and tell them your woes with this bike - after all, if they want you to buy the Benelli brand again then they must have to give you some kind of reimbursement for all the aggro you have had with this one.
I would argue the case for a complete new engine (with a proper warranty) or a complete Part X for another Nelli and the dealer / Benelli to stand any £££ difference

Well - its worth a shot aint it?

In fact it reminds me of many years ago, I was building an extension on a Peugeot dealership and got chatting to the manager - who told me that there was 2 or 3 people who bought a new car off them a year or 2 prior and they just kept whinging about this that and the other - so the dealer just gave them a brand new car every 4 months or so - just to keep them sweet and to keep wanting a Peugeot

Well it may not mean bugger all with Benelli - but thought I would share it with you anyway fella

Hope they can sort it (it is KJM you use isnt it?)

·
903 Posts
Sorry to hear the news!

:p

Al, I am really sorry to hear of you bad luck. It seems that my interpritation of when your bike was built was spot on. :mad:

Would you consider keeping her if Benelli/KJM fitted a brand new RS engine in her as these are much more reliable on the whole. I hope that you get something good out of this because you must be the most unlucky Benelli owner I know. (Apart from me, but that wasn't the bikes fault!)

Here's wishing you better luck mate!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry Al, Did not mean to be insensitive.
You do know it's me you're talking to here Roland? I've had soooo many issues with this bike i'd have to have skin thicker than an elephants knob to feel even a twinge of pissedoffness. But don't worry matey ... your feminine side has shone through good and proper this time:rolling::rolling:

Al;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
RS Engine

If it comes to a new motor Al i reckon they should give you an RS one AND extend your warranty (even if it's a mechanical rather than cycleparts extension)-i'm sure you've got plenty proof of how long she's been in the dealers rather than at home.
And if it does have to go on holiday again i'd ask for a courtesy bike as well just in case the weathers ok (or to hold hostage).
failing that-plan 32B; go for the old bit trade-in & get a good price-i'm sure benelli wouldn't want the sort of bad press that guy with the HyoSung 650 gave out (well not if they're serious about new models/improving their service etc etc)-how about a new TreK? think about riding to WSB races in Spain, the sun shining, the JDs clinking gently in the free paniers they gave you....just trying to cheer u up bud
Keep in touch with how things go as i may be vanning up & down quite a bit in the near future so could maybe help out.

·
903 Posts
You forget!

Lend it to Lloyd.. :rolling:
:p

You forget Roland my bike never broke down on me or caused me any grief, I just had a crash on her that ended her life! :eek: :bump: :sleepy: :blur: :bawl: :mad: I doubt if I would be able to do that with Al's because I would not get far enough to crash it!:rolling: :rolling:

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Hi Al

Sorry to hear of your woes,

Been there done that as the unofficial factory tester:doh:

Hope it works out well for you and the KJM and Benelli are able to look into it and get you back on the road soon.

We would miss the Al Spam if you get on a Gixxer:bawl:

So far the RS engine is shmick (fingers crossed) and has good torque, actually too much for the road. The 1130 engine won't fit in the Tre frame so that option is out.

Let us know what happens after your discussions.

regards from DownUnder

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reminds me of myself !!

Hi Al,

Sorry to hear of your plight, sounds alot like wot i went through. Had enough myself after owning a bike for 13mnths and only been on the road for 5waiting for my K7 750 to arrive this wednesday, KJM done me a good deal on mine, as far as i know she still isn't up & running. Hope you work it out & get the deal your after Al.

Gazza

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Gazza.

I have a funny feeling that there won't be a green and silver italian bitch perched inside my garage for long:bawl:

Still, I have to think about what am I actually getting for my money here? And so far it just points to a helluva lot of grief:mad:

Al;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey Al,

...just curious, what's the verdict?

It's been a while since I've sold my Tre. I don't miss it. But I do miss this forum and have to come back from time to time to check in on you. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts