Benelli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ater nearly three weeks of learning bugger all about carpets, flooring, upholstery, moisture levels and relative humidity .... I'm finally back where I belong;)
I've not had internet access and as I've been pissed every night then I've not fathomed out how to really use my phone to get access here:(
Anyway ..... I love you guys and it's frigging great to be back:ele::ele:

Al (New and improved);)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had word back from KJM who have told me that I'll need a new top end and new valves. Seems as though one of the valves broke sending bits of metal everywhere. I hate this friggin bike of mine:mad: Still, it would be great if I can get it fixed in time for the motogp at Donnington though:D

Al (Still bikeless):rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
I guessed that's where you were.........Nice to have you back buddy!!!

Bloody hell Al, If you keep going on like this with that bike of yours, It's gonna end up like new again with the amount of parts that has been changed!!!!

Have you raised the question about an extended warranty period yet?

Oh, and how did you get on with the oil leak and the 'problem' with the rear Dymags?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hey Big Fella

Glad your back - we were wondering what had happened to you !

Come on - hassle KJM till they sort your bike out - the weather is fantastic at the moment :) :D :D

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you raised the question about an extended warranty period yet?

Oh, and how did you get on with the oil leak and the 'problem' with the rear Dymags?
I have raised the question about an extended warranty Laurie and I need to speak to Brian at the warehouse (KJM) about that. I also called Dymag today who told me that there was a problem with the rubber bush mounts that were fitted to the rims at the time of manufacture and they are sending Glen replacement ones to mount for me. As for the oil leak? I've not been on the bike long enough mate to have a real good look at that again:bawl:

Al:)

·
903 Posts
All hail Big Bad Al!

I have raised the question about an extended warranty Laurie and I need to speak to Brian at the warehouse (KJM) about that. I also called Dymag today who told me that there was a problem with the rubber bush mounts that were fitted to the rims at the time of manufacture and they are sending Glen replacement ones to mount for me. As for the oil leak? I've not been on the bike long enough mate to have a real good look at that again:bawl:

Al:)
:hiya: Al, welcome back mate we have all missed you!

Re you oil leak, I have just learn't of a Benelli that had an oil leak at the oil filter. Filter replaced the oil leak persisted, it turns out to be a porous sump!:eek:

Never heard of that before!

·
president
1,009 Posts
welcome back al

good to know you are alright al,we all thought you had hung yourself...............the place weren't the same without you

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Al, WELCOME BACK FELLA!

Glad to see you back and that you hadn't taken the decision to top yourself!

As for the valve problem; I know exactly how you feel mate, mine let go after the bike was only 10 weeks on the road (I was nailing it... honest!) Anyway, it had the first service done, and all should have been fine, anyway, I got a complete new engine out of the Factory when mine self-destructed!

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts