Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out today giving the bike a polish today and I've noticed some very very fine scratches on the tank. So before it gets any worse I need to get this covered up with a tank protector. I've read Johnny O that your tank protectors give more coverage than the 'standard' ones and I was wondering if you would have any pics of what yours looked like so that I could make a comparison between the two. I know that you had previously mentioned that you were out of stock and wondered if this was still the case. Let me know bud as I'll have to try and get one fitted sooner rather than later:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
tank cover

Hey :)

Not sure when I'll get some more carbon tank covers, it could be a month or so, if it's going to be a while, I'll find the contact details and you can go direct to the manufacturer.

There is a thread somewhere on this site with pics of the tank cover, it looks real good, go searching.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: tank cover

Thanks for letting me know Johnny O:D I'll start my search right after I've finished this bacon roll:b ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tank protectors

Laurenece can I ask where you bought yours from? (Johnny O's perhaps?) Those look really nice. How hard were they to put on and did you have to prepare the tank in anyway befre you applied them?

Thanks for posting the pics for me mate ;)

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, before I forget Laurence ....

We should really meet up at some point mate when the weather's a bit better and go for a small blast (Don't go leaving me in your wake though buddy;) )

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Johnny's yer man!!!

Hi Al,

Yep, got it from Johnny last year when he had them in stock.

It's a quality item, much better than the standard Benelli Tank Pad.

It came with double sided tape attached to it so I just gave the tank a good clean and stuck it on, it's been great ever since.8)

Hopefully, It shouldn't be too long before the weather improves and we could go for that run.
We could maybe drop in on John L (R1Convert), he stays in Falkirk and races down at East Fortune, so we could both have a bit of a job staying up with him.:eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Keeping up with R1 convert!!

You've made me all nervous now Laurenece:eek A trip to Falkirk would be nice (there is a story behind that:rolleyes ) that is best told over a couple of beers rather than on this forum:rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Alvins

I forgot to mention Laurence that I recieved a phone call (I reckon it was the receivers) letting me know that Alvins had closed their doors for business and that they were really sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused:eek
The thing is, Alvins have been in business a long time and why they joined up with motocal remains a bit of a mystery to me (the story goes that the guy who owned motocal used to work for Alvins in the early days but was sacked after stealing from the company so why he was taken on board I guess I'll never know):eek
I always used to go to Alvins as the service that I received from them was first class but since motocal joined them (for me anyway) things really seemed to go downhill. I spoke to Calum (the bloke who owned motocal) last week and he had told me that KJM had been in touch with them trying to offer them some kind of deal by taking Benelli on board, but that he turned them down after looking at the package that they were offering him. I say that was a load of bull as Calum already knew that the ship was sinking and if you ask me then he has a helluva lot to do with Alvins closing their doors:evil A lot of quality staff left when this cowboy came on board and now people like Pete (I think he was the superbike sales manager) will be out of a job after dedicating so much of his time to Alvins. I can only hope that another company snaps him up as he was such an asset to have on board:smokin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ill take two!!

I would like to get two of these when they come available. They are far better than the little crotchless underwear tank pads that are from the factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts