Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'v been yearning for a return to classics (had frog eyes and older triumphs) and having been chased down throughout the Scotland 2009 trip by Frazers 1098R Guzzie low rider I've now aquired a 1961 TRIFIELD Cafe Racer project to keep me occupied.

The engine is a Triumph 350 twin ( not sure what model) with a long list of tuning work, bolted into a Royal Enfield frame (dont know the model) and custom made tank & oil tank. Bike is surprisingly leak free and will sit at 70-80mph and I've seen a verry scary indicated 105mph at the weekend.

Not being an officionado on classics - its going to be fun learning about the parts and re-working it all so it suits me.

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Looks great m8

enjoy but watch you dont blow that engine:bawl:

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
very cool;)

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
A Triumph 350 engine .. I had a 3TA once and thought it was wonderful.:) (yet another thing I fell off I am afraid .. on ice with my girl friend on the back in the mid 70 s . End of awonderful relation ship if I recall correctly:( .

Not the fastest thing out there but what fun I had with it. Love the tank on the picture .. looks a bit less painful to ride than Frazers' Guzzi ... maybe.
Mike

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hey Nigel

That bike looks superb, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun working on it and riding it. running a classic is great. Look after it and it'll look after you. We'll have to have a ride out - how about meeting halfway at some point.

I've just had a phone call from my dad in spain who has been accosted by 6 french bikers - he was telling them about the benelli and the guzzi, I think he should be an honorary member, promoting the brand and forum! That's my dad who until a couple of years ago hated bikes, now he's out drinnking pastis by the pint which a group of french bikers, whats happened to the world!!

cheers, Fraser

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ride out - need to tell her indoors Ive a 2nd bike 1st

Frazer - Bike is down at a mates in Fenny Compton (ne Southam just of M40) untill Ive prepared the space in garage and worked out how to tell the misus I've bought another bike!
But I hope to get down on the bus/train some time bfore too long and get it tup north.
I'll send you a pm when it s around and sort out a meet up!
Nigel

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Just a thought but If you need that bike bringing up north and your stuck for time i can always pass that way to collect and then on my monday "Barrow" run drop off for you .

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Offer much appreciated

Angus - if your sure ???? It would help me out and be much appreciated. I'll happily cover your fuel etc
Sent you a pm with my contact details

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
worked out how to tell the misus I've bought another bike!
QUOTE]

Nigel .. when you get this bit sussed please share it with us! :)
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Nigel's bike is almost at its new home !

Nigels Trifield is half way from its old home and safely tucked up in my works warehouse awaiting the next chance to run onto his house .

Its a nice tidy looking british mixture and very very low ! - he will be able to duck and go straight under my Truck :D .

certainly will be stopped and chatted to for hours by gents who remember the good ol day's before them rice burners came along :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
worked out how to tell the misus I've bought another bike!
Nigel .. when you get this bit sussed please share it with us! :)
Mike
for me, there seems to be a positive flip-side of 'er indoors. When she don't speak to you then she doesn't object :rolling: :rolling:
- never said a Dickie Bird when I brought the LE home :)

I was looking at a Laverda on fleabay recently, thinking it would make an excellent donor for a project I have in mind ....but having just lashed out on the LE :doh:
Maybe I'll give it a couple of years ;)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Nigels Trifield is half way from its old home and safely tucked up in my works warehouse awaiting the next chance to run onto his house ..... {snipped}
Mr Goose of Dangle deserves an award for services to our group. A Churchillian quote could be appropriate "Never have so many ..." :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't top that ---

I was trying to think of a suitable quote but the "Martini" one is tops...

The bike is soooo low I can actualy get me feet on the ground! Its taken quite a lot of adjusting and mental alertness to live with the 1130 TRE where I cant get both big toes on the ground at the same time.

I'm trying to persuade Sir Angus of Benelli to come out for a burn over the dales with my 1130 and the Trifield when he drops it off. Skipton- Grassington -Kettlewell -Hawes -Ribbleshead Viaduct, - Settle and back to Skipton.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Trifield now in garage

Sir Angus has delivered the latest arrival - my old Trifield.

No time unfortunatel for a ride out but managed to bump start the old girl and run her down the hill and back to anoy all the neighbours.

Wanted to ride her into work this morning -couldnt get it started! So starts the "fun" of old bikes and their idiosyncrasies.

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Enjoy the good and the bad of classic bikes Nigel, it's all fun. the pace is a wee bitty slower, but it'll still put a huge smile on your face. Keep us all posted on how it's going.

Angus really is a star, he makes the angels look like baddies!!

cheersw, Fraser

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
carb trumpst covers

furgus - I havent forgotten about the trumpet covers. Just wanted to get my (1) done at the same time.
Will keep you posted re a run out whn I've got my confidence up in know I can get the distance up and it will not let me down.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts