Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I finally broke down and had to buy a dependable bike. I wanted something I probably couldn't get in th US and something that would be super fun as well. Had to look pretty cool and be easy to sell when the time comes. The Nelli isn't so reliable so had to get another. No f----in way am I getting rid of my Nelli! Are you nuts? Most beautiful bike in the world! How do I justify it? I bought an Aprilla RS125 to throw the hammer down on. Okay, I really bought it so I can teach the wife to ride but how fun is it to ride!!!! Handles like a bicycle. Absolute riot. Good for a laugh and inexpesive to run. I fouind an adult owned one, spotless, with 2000 miles on her for 2000 GBPs. No way...the Nelli stays. I'll giev up the wife first before the Nelli. Nelli is a more dependable ride! Just Kidding. Both are fun. But Nelli is more exotic!:doh:

·
903 Posts
Aprillia!

:p

:hiya: Johnny, the RS125 is great fun on the track as you can scream the nuts off it and pass the bigger boy's on the corners. The ACU have a schoolboy race series on them, I have seen kids the age of 12 throw these about like BMX bikes and hardly ever fall off!

I recommend that you use the best Two Stroke you can, as they do have a tendancy to seize if given crap oil!

PS At least it's Italian!:clap:

·
903 Posts
Which oil?

:p

:hiya: Again John, I use to use Castrol R747 (I think it was that number!) in my race bike. I use Silkolene Pro 2 in my road bike.

The Castrol oil is pukka and smells great but fairly expensive, the Silkolene was cheaper and probably more suitable for the Aprillia.

·
1,841 Posts

I think castrol a747 may not be suitable for oil injected ?? so check! It is a synthetic/castor blend and is very good racing oil ! Castor oil gums up. OH ! I remember the days when to make my nsu quickly smell like a day at Brands hatch we would buy a little bottle of castor oil from the chemist and mix a little bit with the fuel LOVERLY I CAN SMELL IT NOW !!! :)
actually I just remembered castrol A747 seperates if left standing, you get grey powdery stuff at the bottom of bottle so you have to shake it up. So it is only for premix. Use a good synthetic,maybe see what the young racers use ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts