Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have got a 'yes' in principal to staging a Benelli event at the July race weekend at East Fortune. Possibility of applying for a parade licence too. Saturday & Sunday event. Great camping facilities, good showers, hot water etc and ... a bar.

Let me know your thoughts.

Mike

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm keen, but can't commit this early, what with having a life, wife, job and kids.... :)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hey, now that sounds like a plan Mike. Well done and count me in matey. :bow: :clap:

Possibility of applying for a parade licence too
Now I know I'm going back a bit here but is this anything to do with those magazines that they always kept on the top shelf in Newsagents. :rolling:

G

·
I'm keen, but can't commit this early, what with having a life, wife, job and kids.... :)
OR IN MY CASE "NO LIFE CUZ OF WIFE JOB KIDS ETC..." :rolling:
WOTS THE DATES FOR THIS HERE NORTH OF THE BOARDER GATHERING AND WILL US SOUTHERN TYPES BE SAFE AND WECOME...... (NOT THAT I'M WELCOME MANY PLACES HERE ANYMORE AND PLZ DON'T SAY JULY 09) :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
That sounds like a good initiative. You can pencil me in for some of that.

Of course, all dependant on work commitments as I do tend to work away a lot with minimum notice.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I don't want to steal Mike's thunder here but I'm sure any of our English colleagues will be allowed to attend.
Hell, We'll even have the 'Welcoming Committee' out to greet you. :rolling:

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let's not be rash - all our English friends will be most welcome provided their passports are in order. Tolls for safe passage are payable at the bar and remember English pound notes are only worth half Scottish ones.

Not sure what date in July is planned .. will find out soon. As this is a club race meeting and not a championship round there is a bit of flexibility .. hence the idea of parade laps .. again I am not sure what this entails but will find out.

Clearly we'll need to get a couple of Benellis out racing for this occasion. Anyone contemplating this should NOT tell their wife!! (voice of experience)

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I hope i'm able to attend and this will of course of followed the scottish in may meet bob was getting organised up near Fort William . I'm i suppose only needing to show my passport and i'll be welcomed with open arms och Angus aye the nelli nooh :rolling: .

·
Registered
213 Posts
keep me posted on this! it sounds good to me I may even bring my leathers and have a race round :doh: it it a go kart track like Knockhill:D :D
(spent more time in the medical centre than on the track at Knockhill):doh:

I should bring a Benelli to race I suppose!;)

ps don't tell the wife or my doctor;)

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
I'll probably be up for it if it doesn't fall on a BSB weekend sounds like a great idea and if Rusty's bringing a track bike even better:rolling:

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
scottish hospitality

I'd be well up for it, should easily be off my crutches and back on a nelli by then.

PS your pound notes aren't worth double of our's, you just hold on to your's twice as hard as we do ;)

Johnny :cool:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
And don't forget we have a Scottish bloke, errrm whatsis name :doh: , on the back of our English £20 notes ! :D

I just hope that doesn't mean we'd have to spend an English £20 note in bonny Scotland every time we purchased something :doh:

And do we still have to Bribe the Border Guards when we cross the border for safe passage ? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I'm always worried about people who eat sheeps stomachs !(especially when they are still full) :rolling:

(Although the Haggis burger I had recently when I crossed the border illegally was nice:D )

:clap:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts