Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WHO'S UP FOR A BENELLI / ITALIAN BIKE WEEKEND.
Open to anyone who has an interest in Benellis or italian bikes

After a long phone call to my good friend Lee, who has a biker friendly pub near notts called MFN, which is at Shipley near Ilkeston. Just up the road from were the American Adventure park used to be, I would like to arrange a weekend for us all to get together for a beer and some fun. But as there may not be enuff of us interested we my have to make it italian bikes not just Benellis to get the numbers up.
At this point i would say that this cud be a good family weekend not just a grown ups jolly weekend.
There is a very large grass area at the pub were your kids can frolik, your wifes, girlfriends, boyfriends, animal (well it takes all sorts) can relax, enjoy a glass of wine and talk knitting patterns if there not into bikes that much whiile the lads (and lasses) have a beer and talk bikes.
If we can gain enough interest and make a small charge to cover costs then the pub will put a band on the sat nite aswell. Any profits cud be given to a charity such as the Chris Jones Appeal or Riders for Health.
A this point i am looking for a show of support provided the date is ok.
We are looking at July (not the 18th/19th/20th, bsb at oulton pk) at the min because of venu availability and weather. (if it rains its NOT my fault).
There has been some interest from the a ducati owners club to have a bash there and Lee is going to chase that up and let me know the out come. We mite be able to combine the two rallies. My next step after gageing support from the forum is to contact Benelli uk and benelli motobi club of gb and any other benelli owners clubs old or new to try to drum up some support from them, So if you read this Russ i do not want to tread on your toes by starting the ball rolling with this but would be gratefull for any help/support plz. I know you were hoping to organise some events this year. The venu is only 15 mins from jct 26 on the M1 so not a logistical nightmare.
I don't mind if we just keep it Benelli but we may not get the numbers if we don't involve the other italian producers.

WOT DO YOU GUYS THINK

Let me know and i will do my best to sort it so we can have a good weekend get together. The more support the better the weekend.
Thanks for looking

·
Registered
28 Posts
sounds good to me but i would need to know the date in good time, due to the pressures of being self employed, and july being one of the busiest months.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Always free weekend, so will come and play, :ele: :ele: :ele:
Wife has a Moto Guzzi so she will come to, maybe a 2UE by that time, depends on Russ.
but might not camp.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
roll on good weather for the meeting

Sounds good and may convert a few other people onto italian stuff with such a gathering.probaly would come over weekend and could camp or just over an hour away could go home (second thoughts camp camp...).
by the way is the american theme park gone ... i loved it years ago.!!. that'd be a trip to matlock bath prom and probaly the biggest benelli turnout parked there for chips etc. its a sight when the rock and blues meet happen round that way ..... derbyshire goes daytona week style. i'm up for it.:clap:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last time i went to see Lee at MFN i rode in past the main gate and it was shut. All the signs gone and bollards acccross the road.
If this all comes together then i did think about a mass ride to THE BATH on the sunday. We can do that if it gets more to attend.
We need at least 100 people to turn out on the saturday and hopefully stop over to make it worth while doing.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
ONLY 6 Of Us Up For This Then....
Sorry bud can't make the dates. Got a big trip planned for may (Gibralter) :excited: Then taking the wife and kids to florida in august :clap: . Went to italy last year. Your going to have a great time, every time you stop you will be swamped by the locals they love em. Funny thing is they seem to buy jap crap like everybody else:doh: Don't figure Take plenty of photos bud and hopefully the gallery will be up and running:doh: when you get back. Were you thinking of doing a factory tour:clap: big tip for hotels try ibis, good for secure parking.:bow:

·
1,231 Posts
We

Im up for it. If we get some good advertising into MCN and maybe some dealers to support then we may be able to make a good go of it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I will try to get Busaguy and Borat to come
we can have a convoy from Birmingham.:bluesbros: :bluesbros: :bluesbros:

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
I'll be up for it dependant on dates, would be great to get a load of nellis together:ele:

·
Registered
56 Posts
WHO'S UP FOR A BENELLI / ITALIAN BIKE WEEKEND.
Open to anyone who has an interest in Benellis or italian bikes

After a long phone call to my good friend Lee, who has a biker friendly pub near notts called MFN, which is at Shipley near Ilkeston. Just up the road from were the American Adventure park used to be, I would like to arrange a weekend for us all to get together for a beer and some fun. But as there may not be enuff of us interested we my have to make it italian bikes not just Benellis to get the numbers up.
At this point i would say that this cud be a good family weekend not just a grown ups jolly weekend.
There is a very large grass area at the pub were your kids can frolik, your wifes, girlfriends, boyfriends, animal (well it takes all sorts) can relax, enjoy a glass of wine and talk knitting patterns if there not into bikes that much whiile the lads (and lasses) have a beer and talk bikes.
If we can gain enough interest and make a small charge to cover costs then the pub will put a band on the sat nite aswell. Any profits cud be given to a charity such as the Chris Jones Appeal or Riders for Health.
A this point i am looking for a show of support provided the date is ok.
We are looking at July (not the 18th/19th/20th, bsb at oulton pk) at the min because of venu availability and weather. (if it rains its NOT my fault).
There has been some interest from the a ducati owners club to have a bash there and Lee is going to chase that up and let me know the out come. We mite be able to combine the two rallies. My next step after gageing support from the forum is to contact Benelli uk and benelli motobi club of gb and any other benelli owners clubs old or new to try to drum up some support from them, So if you read this Russ i do not want to tread on your toes by starting the ball rolling with this but would be gratefull for any help/support plz. I know you were hoping to organise some events this year. The venu is only 15 mins from jct 26 on the M1 so not a logistical nightmare.
I don't mind if we just keep it Benelli but we may not get the numbers if we don't involve the other italian producers.

WOT DO YOU GUYS THINK

Let me know and i will do my best to sort it so we can have a good weekend get together. The more support the better the weekend.
Thanks for looking

Hi Definately up for that please let me know when and where.

Regards

Nick P Tre900:clap:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi Nick P Tre900

so where in the Midlands are you?

do you want to join us in the Benelli convoy ?:hiya: :lager: :lager:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ill be up for this if its still on, dependant on me finally getting a Nelli that is. Coming up from Devon so mebbe meet some boys on the way :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts