Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys, I am just curious, when I bought my second hand 03 plated Tornado TRE recently, the bloke I bought it from gave me one or two things with the bike, as I have never bought a Brand New Tornado I don't strictly know what you get with it, so I was suprised when he gave me a binded copy of the Workshop manual and of another item, it's a Black folder with a Benelli badge on the front which is kept closed with a velcro pad, when you open it up it has about 14 Excellent quality 8" or 10" square colour picture & Information cards, one of them with the name Andrea Merloni (Benelli Spa il Presidente) signed at the bottom, the only reason I am curious is because my bike is a standard TRE and all the photo cards are of an LE ? Did all Tornado's get one of these when new or are they only given with the LE models ? Also, is Andrea Merloni still with Benelli ?

I trust the Benelli boffins will fill me in with the info I need :clap:

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have one of those black folders as well. They were/are marketing "kits" given out to the press and prospective buyers. When I put my deposit down for a standard Tre back in 2003 the dealer gave it to me.

I never received a workshop manual though :(

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
You were very fortunate to get one of those folders as they were only supposed to be 'press packs' for when they launched the LE bikes.

Merloni left the company when it temporarily folded in 2006, after his dad got fed up with plowing money in from the family firm (Indesit.....yes, as in washing machines, fridges, etc.)

Fortunately, the Chinese (QJ) stepped up to the mark or we would all be riding around on collectors pieces right now.

Oh, and by the way............nice slippers Rob!!!! :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Surely you must mean 'Great Grandad' Neil :rolling:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Those are my Special Tartan Slippers ! Made World Famous on the Benelli Forum

Very tasteful. What we need is a special Benelli Tartan in time for time for the gathering at Rogat in May. :D

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I dont think you need to do that Rob as you may have curried flavour with the fact you announced they were Tartan slippers to appeal to all those north of the border . ps if you do shoot yourself -can i have those slippers (i can manage an 8's and 11's )

·
Registered
864 Posts
Rob, i'm only joking - those slippers look awesome! will they be getting packed in the panniers along with the matching pyjamas for the weekend away in May? :D

It seems the average Benelli owner is not 21 :p so there might be a few sets of slippers in the railway carriage in May... mine included! :rolling:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
1,231 Posts
LE Press Pack

Those were the LE press pack. There were some released ot the press and there were some released to the purchasers of the LE model. It is a nice addition. If you would like to let yours go i would nominate it to go to Lloyd...heluva guy even with his ugly mug...and he has an LE with no brochure.

·
903 Posts
Ugly compaired to what? Can't be you can it John as nothing come remotely close to your beauty!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Hope to speak to you in the near future my friend, hope the family are all ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts