Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Having a blast and as usual with a new bike there are a couple of things I have not quite figured out (even after reading though the CD manual). Here goes:

1. I've noticed that when I pull up at lights and the engine is idling, that the main head lights turn off. Reving the engine activates them again. Anyone else noticed this ? I'm not quite sure of the logic.

2. Found a metal clip riveted to the underside of the pillion seat. I also got a plastic coated steel cable with the accessories. I figure it's securely attaching a helmet if you want to leave it on the bike. Is this correct ?

ciao
Derek

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yes if the fans are running the headlight turns off at idle (park lights stay on). It's part of the software update to conserve the battery. And you are correct, the hook under the pillion is for the helmet lock.

Hope didn't rain too much on the way home, I got a few drops :D

Cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, mostly dry until a few ks from home. After that a complete downpour ensued, thus continuing my glorious history of it always raining when I get a new bike :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

But does it turn the lights off at night. Hope not, that sounds like a dangerous idea because other motorists wont' see you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phew, is that why people keeping honking at me. Must be watching way to many American road movies :doh: :doh:

·
Registered
130 Posts
hi drekka,, i`ve got a dr too,,, it`s all normal,, what u`ve noticed,, take off the flaps in the air box,, and put the termognonni titanium pipe,, and enjoy.

remove the breather too if u can,, the bike will run cooler too.. good on hot days,, and good anyway

the exaust valve at the bottom of the bike vibrates a bit sometimes, makes a little bell noise,,, u can put a little compression sring inside to hold pressure on the cover that vibrates.. if u notice this one day.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a good series of mods. Perhaps we should start a section or FAQ somewhere with each mod detailed with pics.

ciao
Derek

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello,

for a start you can also disconnect the solenoid cable. It is accesible from the left side just behind the engine. You will recognize a much halthier breathing. One additional effect will be a healthier battery.

The ideotic thing is that the solenoid is operating only at low revs (below 4000RPM) which means it succs roughly 6-8 Amps out of the battery when the generator is not at full capacity. If you are doing a long cruise at low speeds with your natural head lamps on and the cooler fans blowing the battery drains.
:rolling: :rolling: :doh:
Best regards

Mark

·
463 Posts
Can someone explain in (very) simple terms what the solenoid does and when you say disconnect the solenoid cable do you mean the electrical or the mechanical?:confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello,

the solenoid is just a electro magnetic switch. Below 4000RPM the solenoid is activated (put under electric power) and pulls 2 bowden cables. 1 goes to the air inlet flap and one to the exhaust flap. These bowden cables close the 2 flaps. If the solenoid is not under power the flaps remain in full open position.

When I say disconnect it means electrical. I have just disconnected the cable. The effect is that the flaps stay always in full open position. I have not recognized a loss in torque just a gain in noise + a smoother acceleration.

Best regards

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts