Benelli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to BRands to see the WSB on Sunday.

Pulled into car park..... parked up and saw 2 other Tres within 10 yards ....so much for exclusivity :rolleyes

Saw a guy with an older RS (with OZ wheels and a darker can)

Went over all friendly and asked if he'd had any probs with it?

He looked at me as if I had 2 heads and said that he'd had no probs in 18 months and 2,500 miles.

Any one else had a hastle free ownership

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happy to say that my 06 RS is hassle free (& i'm not even on Valium) as long as you dont count the warranty indicator switch-but i never used it anyway.
Been busy recently so in the 2? months i've owned her mileage is just on the 1200 mark.
NJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a metter of interest, when was your 06 RS manufactured. I have just bought an 06 plate but the chassis number tells me it was built in 2004 !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've put 20,000km on my Tre in 20 months.

The loom under the seat failed in the first couple of months and kept me off of the road for a day or 2, but that is part of any product lifecycle.

I've had a grin on my face since Christmas 2004. Best bike I've ever owned.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
12,300 odd miles is bloody good goin engenia. Im on around 2/3rds that. Would be on around 9k myself if the damn box thingy bit arrived sooner. as for trouble free for me...erm well kinda :rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did about 1200km with my new engine (2006) without any problem at all.:D
My Tre is from 2003, and by comparison with the original engine this new one is running much smoother, makes less
metal noises and is feeling much stronger. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HEllo, DAVE H, HOW DO YOU TELL WHAT YEAR THE RS WAS MADE FROM THE CHASSIS NO ? I HAVE 5 LETTERS THEN 5 NUMBERS THEN 1 LETTER THEN 6 NUMBERS,:rolleyes WHICH ONES INDICATE THE YEAR ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Engenia, my rs now 1 month old was made in 2004 then.
Most of the dates on mouldings are from 03.
I wonder if any one has one made more recently ?:lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts