Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K&N air filterpart number

VTXbrit, what part number did you go for a replacement filter, chasing a bigger one for the Tornado, anyone know if anyone does air filters for Benelli's?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
aussievtr,
I used a Kawasaki 6R filter (by K&N) and modified slightly to make it fit the box

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: what year Kwaka?

the part number for the K&N filter i used is ..ka-6098 and its for a kawasaki zx6r models 1998-2002 but as stated before you do have to modify slightly cut the corners off, notch out for the screw bosses and make a base plate which i fitted with rivetts and sealed with a hot melt glue gun.... its worth doing because.........................
1) much better airflow
2) no sh*t bypasses the filter
3) the filter will last for ever (nearly)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Air Filter Modification to accept a K&N filter

Do you have pictures of the mods in detail?
How about a drawing of the base plate?

I saw this when you talked about it months ago, but wasn't paying close attention because it concerned the TNT. Now I realise it's totally applicable to the Tornado and it has got me intrigued.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Air Filter Modification to accept a K&N filter

Give me a couple of days and I will drag out the info for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
K&N genuine replacement?

I heard back from K&N USA the other day, here is their response, I think a filter is gonna be a goer :D , I'll contact them in the next few days.

"Dear Nathan,

Please contact customer service toll free at 800-858-3333, Monday - Thursday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday, 7:00 am to 4:30 pm Pacific Time, they will be happy to assist you.

Thanks for writing,

K&N tech support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Benelli Tornado/ TnT replacement air filters

Does K&N do one for the abov? I believe the UK operations may have made up a template for them?

Nathan Lee Innes

Environmental Consultant

WSP

PO Box 1444

Margaret River WA 6285.

Mobile: 041 8866883.

Office: 08 9757 9744.

Fax: 08 9757 9722.

Email: [email protected]

or: [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts