Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tomorrow I'm off to watch the MotoGP with R1Convert and a few of his mates and ExJapSteve. I'm flying down to the racetrack tomorrow night and ..........

....... I'll be taking my leathers with me as there is every possibility that my bike will be ready for collection on the Saturday:eek :D
KJM will give me a call tomorrow to let me know what the situation is, and if all goes well then I won't need to get a flight or a train back up on the Sunday or Monday:b

I reckon we should start to take bets now on how long it will be before something goes tits up again and the winner scoops the lot:rollin

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Enough of that negative talk Al, you need to start thinking positively about this bike.;)

Have a great weekend and say hello to John and the other guys for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update

The oil pump was damaged when KJM looked at it. I'm seriously pissed off. I've had enough of Benelli and their shoddy crappy disgusting lazy service>: >: >:
Enough said>:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Quick update

Well, after a good nights sleep it's given me time to calm down a bit (not by much though). I'm just off of the phone to Brian at KJM who is now sending the request to Benelli again for the internal part for this oil pump. I'm also going to drop Brian an email (as I forgot to ask him on the phone) to send me the details of all of the requests that have been made to Benelli for warranty parts so that I can compile the mother of all complaint letters to Benelli's top man at the factory. Depending on the corrospondence that Brian gets back from the factory for the oil pump then that will decide wether or not I call the factory up and tell them that I am coming over to see them myself. I have also asked if KJM could take an oil pump from another bike and stick it to mine, but to be honest I think that they aren't too keen on that idea. I also asked them if they had a loan bike that I could use but they said that they don't have any demonstrators there that they could give me.
I'm really at the end of my tether with this bike and I can't see my light hearted approach to everything that has gone wrong lasting much longer. If this carries on much longer then someone somewhere will see the real nasty side of me.

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How you gettin on AL, i've had crap luck, Brian from KJM been on holiday a week, so no one else capable of checking parts off till he gets back as they had big delivery from Italy. Then get told by Mike at Red dogs that after next week he's on holiday for 2 weeks,so looks like my nelli will be at least another month before i'ts looked at again as mike's got to finish the job as he started it !!!
Gettin a bit pi---d off know with all this weather & no bike!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How you gettin on AL
With any luck Gary I should have my bike back with me for next weekend at the latest:D
I know that Brian was away golfing at the weekend but I think that KJM (as nice as they are) should really understand that they can't leave all of the warranty work down to one guy. What if Brian left KJM? Would they say that they can't answer your questions until they get someone else in to replace him? They do have their hands full at the moment (I've seen their drywipe board with all of the outstanding jobs written on it) but maybe a little more communication with the company as a whole wouldn't go amiss.
It does seem a bit strange that Red Dog are telling you that they have to have the same mechanic work on the bike! Surely they have someone else capable of doing the job instead?
The trials and tribulations that we all seem to go through for the pleasure of owning one of these bikes does seem a little extreme sometimes:(

Al

Quick edit:

Had a call from Alec at KJM today saying that there was a problem trying to get my wheels fitted as the brake discs are not lining up properly. They asked for the name of the company that I bought them from so that they could speak to someone there about what might be going on:(
I expect that I'll get a call tomorrow from them so I'll let you all know what's happening as soon as I hear from them|I

Al:x

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jees Al, Can anything else go wrong with that bike of yours?????
I'm begining to wonder that myself Laurence:lol

I've just spoken to Steve at KJM who told me the the front wheel is on but it's the back wheel that they're having trouble with. They're giving the General manager of Dymag a call this afternoon to see if they can come up with a fix for the problem (the holes for the bolts don't line up properly .... just by a tiny amount but enough for the guys at KJM to be slightly worried by it). My big pal Brian is giving me a call after they've spoken to Dymag to let me know what's happening but I have a funny feeling that the rear wheel will have to be sent back:eek: :(

Al;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quite a few of us have probably been keeping more than our fingers crossed for you! What an ongoing saga?
Perhaps it is an evil plot to prevent you from suffering from heat stroke whilst on your bike in the prevailing weather conditions - or does that stop North of Hadrian's Wall?
When you eventually get the bike back promise you will post some 'moving' pics please!
Vince

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know.........I'm begining to wonder if Al really has a Benelli!!!

I think that he just likes to keep us all 'entertained' by making up these wild stories of endless problems and carbon wheels n things.

Maybe he really rides one of these (if he has a bike at all that is):rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HEY AL, HOPE YOU GET YOUR BIKE BACK SOON !!!
COULD YOU TELL ME IF KJM ARE THE IMPORTER?
WHEN I LOOK ON THE BENELLI WEB SITE IT SAYS BRITISH IMPORTER IS MOTOGB LTD IN CHORLEY.
CHORLEY IS ABOUT 1 MILE FROM KJM. YOU SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE HAD PLENTY OF COMMUNICATION WITH KJM SO YOU MAY KNOW IF THEY ARE THE IMPORTER OR IT MIGHT BE ONE OF LIFES MYSTERYS !!!!!!!!!???????:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aye ... very funny Laurence.

I do own a bike .... honest. Just to prove it, here's a pic of me on the last machine I owned;)

Al:b

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Aye ... very funny Laurence.

Are you quite sure it is not the pram or the bicycle in the background?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
YAHOOOOO!!!

Guess who picks his bike up from KJM on Saturday?:b Ok, so it will just be the standard wheels on them until the one from dymag is rectified .... but I feel like a kid at christmas time:rollin

For some bizarre reason I feel nervous:lol

Al:b

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: YAHOOOOO!!!

......and not before time tooooooooooooo
Correctomoondoh Laurence:lol

I've been dying to try out my new helmet cam so this'll be the perfect time to do it:lol

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Good luck AL, hope all goes well, Brian actually got my parts in now, complete top-end. Just gotta wait for mike to return from his 2 week holiday starting next week, before any progress will be made on mine now.
Just get some shots from your helmet cam posted, so we can all see wot hight there taken from, then we will know for sure if youve got a mini moto or a benelli !!!

Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

It's just a thought Al, but seeing that it's been a while, you may be interested in this before you pick up your bike at the weekend.;)

Laurence

1 - 20 of 25 Posts